Is this ok?

Ok the thread is starting to go off topic =/ so every time I pull up at an rdc or collection/load point should I put it on rest or poa.?

jamieh1990:
Ok the thread is starting to go off topic =/ so every time I pull up at an rdc or collection/load point should I put it on rest or poa.?

It’s up to you.
Remember if your parking on a bay and not doing any work you can use break.
Poa you need to be told or know in advance ( by doing the job ) the time of the wait.
Also if your walking to and from the office to hand in keys / paperwork that counts as work.
If like at Asda and co-op RDC’s your able to return to the cab and wait you can safely use break.
it’s totally up to you or how the company you work for want you to show work.

jamieh1990:

That depends on what you’re doing, if you have to help with the loading/unloading it’s other work, if you don’t have to do any work and you get paid for breaks other than the first 45 minutes, you can put the tachograph on break.

If you don’t get paid for any breaks book POA, though technically, to use POA you’re supposed to know in advance roughly how long you’ll be waiting.

As has been said, be careful using POA because the tachograph will regard it as break and reset your driving time on the tachograph display, though legally your driving time won’t have reset.

So this is what it’s saying now.

I’m on break. I didn’t let the tacho count over 30 at my last break and it’s gone back to 29 !

jamieh1990:
I’m on break. I didn’t let the tacho count over 30 at my last break and it’s gone back to 29 !

Most drivers do at least 31 minutes to avoid that

ROG:

jamieh1990:

Most drivers do at least 31 minutes to avoid that

Lesson learnt =/

jamieh1990:

When you have a break, time it by what the tachograph display says and you’ll never go wrong, there’s no need to add or calculate anything the precise length of break is on the display.

See this post:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=146150&p=2309375#p2309253

If the tachograph display says you’ve had 30 minutes that’s exactly what will be recorded on your card, it never fails :wink:

jamieh1990:

Always used to have 35 mins just to make sure,that’s what work told us to do or 50 mins for a 45 min break.

The best way to deal with POA is don’t use it. :grimacing: