Tacho print out confusing

Good evening,

I’m a newbie to the industry and slowly grasping the the tacho but struggling to understand if Iv done something wrong with a print out Iv taken?
I’m sure Iv taken the correct rest for all my daily activities but confused with the ?04h45 pictured?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

P.s do I have an infringement?

Cheers

so you see where circled at the top it where you havent done a mannual entry and the tacho has put ? to assume what you done since 00:00 and you starting a 04:45. its not an infrigment.

Thanks for the reply Alliepallie4,

This would make scenes now that you’ve pointed it out to me :confused:

I Was worried incase it was an infringement.

Everyday is a school day to me at them moment.

Thanks for the help buddy. I’ll be sure that I do manual entries from now tho.

Cheers.

As you can see the machine has assumed you were on rest whilst the card was out.
If that is the truth you have no need to do a manual entry.
You should make a manual entry if you have done other work, but as already said, you are not showing any infringement.
Be sure you don’t give yourself a problem by cocking up a manual entry, it is possible. Don’t fix what ain’t broke.

I wouldn’t bother saying this except for the fact that you’ve said you’re new to the industry.

It’s entirely up to you if you want to get into the habit of doing them, but unless the firm you’re working for insist on you doing a manual entry, there’s not much point.

Personally I avoid them where possible, if it’s not a daily necessity you get out of practice and will likely make a mistake. Most of my driving career I’ve never been asked to do them.

I try to make sure I set my tacho to rest for a few minutes before ejecting it, that seems to help the tacho know what’s been happening; I have heard that some companies insist on you doing a manual entry to demonstrate you’ve been on your daily rest, but if you’ve done as I’ve suggested I can’t see any point at all in that (but that doesn’t mean it won’t still be company policy :unamused: )

EDIT I type too slowly, Franglais got in first, same advice though…

Thanks for all your input guys, much appreciated.

Stay safe

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zac_A:
I wouldn’t bother saying this except for the fact that you’ve said you’re new to the industry.

It’s entirely up to you if you want to get into the habit of doing them, but unless the firm you’re working for insist on you doing a manual entry, there’s not much point.

Personally I avoid them where possible, if it’s not a daily necessity you get out of practice and will likely make a mistake. Most of my driving career I’ve never been asked to do them.

I try to make sure I set my tacho to rest for a few minutes before ejecting it, that seems to help the tacho know what’s been happening; I have heard that some companies insist on you doing a manual entry to demonstrate you’ve been on your daily rest, but if you’ve done as I’ve suggested I can’t see any point at all in that (but that doesn’t mean it won’t still be company policy :unamused: )

EDIT I type too slowly, Franglais got in first, same advice though…

Manual entries are legally required where necessary. There was an update to the legislation on 20th August 2020 (article 6 para 5) all other work must be recorded. Article 34 of EU drivers’ hours regs say this must be on the digital tachograph if that’s what you drive.

As said before by other posters, you have no manual input at duty start and this is a legal requirement. To explain why? You had to get your keys and paperwork and walk to your cab.This is all work and has to been accounted for and taken into account when calculating for WTD regulations and your duty start and finish times. It also protects drivers from employers who keep you hanging around for a run and then give you a 13 or 15 hour day. Teaches them to get their act together when you say “Nope, can’t do it.”