Agency

thehig:

IronEddie:

thehig:

fctuna:
I am a new driver (class 2) I am looking for work, applied for over 30 jobs, haven’t heard anything back. I have just rang up a agency in my local area and they have said " you have no chance of getting a driving job, having only passed 2 weeks ago)
So how am I meant to get experience? Any help,would be appreciated

Sign up with several agencies and you wont have to wait too long until you get offered work, may be 7.5tn may not be great pay, however its a start.
Proudstaff, enterprise, Jark are all agencies not too far from you get registered.

However the fact you can only work 2 days and your new pass combined is what limiting your offers, if your feeling brave you could consider doing what I did.

Be brave and leave your job and dive head first into class 2, your more employable and more likely to be offered work if you always available.

There is also the likes of Bidvest, and Palmer & Harvey who give new pass drivers a chance.

Leaving my job is my last resort plan. Like op and yourself I have a full time non driving job. Once qualified I aim to try and find a firm to take me on full time.

But if that fails I’m gonna take a chance, quit my job and be available to agency all time. Bit of a last resort though.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

You might struggle if your still in your non driving job, however you’ll have a better chance than I did because it’s a busier time of year for class 2 work
I left my job in January the start of a year is very quiet for class 2 work, you might get an opportunity quicker than I did.

Also because of the time of the year, leaving your job for agencies if less of a risk than in January, there more likely to keep you busy and give you enough hours.

Thanks for the advice. I’m in full time non driving work and just studying the theory whilst waiting for my licence back currently. Expecting to have my full licence by the end the year or early next.

Then probably give myself six months to find a full time driving job. If after six months I haven’t. Then I’ll quit my job and take the risk of agency work.

Got a wife, kid n mortgage so my instinct isn’t to risk agency in the first case.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk