Does it really pay good wages

passed my class 1 and now what wage can i expect being a newbie…i only want to work 3-4 days a week

Hello ■■■■■■, welcome to TruckNet.

If you only want to work 3 or 4 days a week then will be looking at working for an agency.

In my part of the world (Kent), typical hourly agency rates are around £8.50 for the first eight hours, £12 after that and saturdays, around £16 on sunday.

I know of one driver who works nights, friday saturday and sunday (in the Heathrow area) and takes home over £500

Pay rates vary wildly by region though. It would help to know whereabouts are you from.

Vince

yes i would be interested in this

In stockport so is the work on class 1 going to dry up after xmas and have i joined the agencies at a bad time

People don`t spend a lot in january and february.

So it is a quieter time of year in the transport world. If they aint buying it, we aint moving it.

Best advice is this. Don`t just register with an agency. Register with four or five. Phone them all up, every day. Morning and afternoon.

Even for a new driver at a quiet time of year, this strategy will find you work within a few days.

Vince

Hiya ■■■■■■…

Welcome to Trucknet mate…

And Very Well Done on Passing your Class 1 !!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

well done on the pass ■■■■■■

as vince says sign on for a few and keep at them they will have to give you work if you keep on at them.

good luck

jon

■■■■■■ DEPENDING ON THE TYPE OF WORK 300-500 BUT THE HOURS VARY WILDLY FROM JOB TO JOB