Decent Job Offer?

Just wondering what the general consesus is with regard to UK class 1 wages these days. I’ve recently returned from my little trucking adventure in New Zealand and it’s now looking as though I’ll be in command of a desk for a while instead of a truck. The only full-time driving job I could have taken paid £8 an hour nett, Mon-Fri plus Sat. morning, incl. 2 nights out a week (@£20) and averaged around 45 hours per week. Mainly curtainsider work but some hiab stuff too. Would I be correct in thinking it’s a bit low or am I out of touch??

You’ll do more than 45hours a week!

Saaamon:
You’ll do more than 45hours a week!

Well, that’s what I was thinking too but there you go…
Delivering products for a small family business so it might be right…

Duck:
Just wondering what the general consesus is with regard to UK class 1 wages these days. I’ve recently returned from my little trucking adventure in New Zealand and it’s now looking as though I’ll be in command of a desk for a while instead of a truck. The only full-time driving job I could have taken paid £8 an hour nett, Mon-Fri plus Sat. morning, incl. 2 nights out a week (@£20) and averaged around 45 hours per week. Mainly curtainsider work but some hiab stuff too. Would I be correct in thinking it’s a bit low or am I out of touch??

Was you on for dynes in nz if so was it any good

You don’t say what part of the country your in, and it does sound a bit low.
But if its the only offer you’ve had…

Owen