Good wage?

Hello all

I’ve had a interview today and got some details on proposed contract. It’s 510 per week class 1 work Monday to Friday dayshift. This is including a performance bonus which they would take off if calling in sick last minute, damages etc.
It’s paid monthly so I’ve worked it out I’ll take home around 1767.73 per month.
Firstly is this good, bad or a average salary?
Secondly the overtime was explained as being paid as a extra shift at the weekend and a bank holiday paid as a double shift.

How many hours a week ?
I would say crap as I take home roughly 420 week based on 48hr plus 3 hours ot 2 nights at £22 and I’m cat c as well

Godzilla41:
Hello all

I’ve had a interview today and got some details on proposed contract. It’s 510 per week class 1 work Monday to Friday dayshift. This is including a performance bonus which they would take off if calling in sick last minute, damages etc.
It’s paid monthly so I’ve worked it out I’ll take home around 1710 per month.
Firstly is this good, bad or a average salary?
Secondly the overtime was explained as being paid as a extra shift and a bank holiday double shift.

Is that take home? …and again how many hours?

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

blue estate:
How many hours a week ?
I would say crap as I take home roughly 420 week based on 48hr plus 3 hours ot 2 nights at £22 and I’m cat c as well

It’s around 50 hours a week Monday to Friday dayshift

Take home 1767.73 per month.

It’s mainly shunting trailers locally with the odd fridge job I’m told. Cheers

Godzilla41:
It’s mainly shunting trailers locally with the odd fridge job I’m told. Cheers

If it’s that then good money for little work , but don’t forget the grass isn’t always greener :wink:

For this area where wages are lower than most other parts of the UK it is about average

i do 50 hours per week on class 2 take home 1800 per month on a 4 week month

animal:
For this area where wages are lower than most other parts of the UK it is about average

You local to the northeast as well Animal?

EddieMD:

animal:

If you look at my location it does say Gateshead :laughing: :unamused:

animal:

EddieMD:

animal:

If you look at my location it does say Gateshead [emoji38] :unamused:

But it also says you’re sick! [emoji39]

Ooops yep it does need to change that I think :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :blush: :blush:

animal:
Ooops yep it does need to change that I think [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] :blush: :blush:

Your fever gone?
I’m just up the road from you in Durham

EddieMD:

animal:
Ooops yep it does need to change that I think [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] :blush: :blush:

Your fever gone?
I’m just up the road from you in Durham

You south from me

Never had a fever long story if you want to look through then go ahead it is all on here somewhere

Whoa hold it right there, stop talking about fever and sick. :smiley: I want advice please. So it’s average then? Do you think I could do better? Thanks… :slight_smile:

Ergot2005:
i do 50 hours per week on class 2 take home 1800 per month on a 4 week month

That’s good, multi drop?

You need to stop worrying about whether it would be good for other people, and work out if it would be good for you…

Godzilla41:
Whoa hold it right there, stop talking about fever and sick. :smiley: I want advice please. So it’s average then? Do you think I could do better? Thanks… :slight_smile:

Can you live on it if it were me & would go for it see what you think if not happy after a couple mths or so look round for something else that you want to do but from what I here they in line for a pay rise soon

After a month or so you will get a uniform if you wish to wear it decent kit have own maintenance for some things could do a lot worse

Decent enough money for around here Lizard. (North West).