Good wage?

Godzilla41:

Ergot2005:
i do 50 hours per week on class 2 take home 1800 per month on a 4 week month

That’s good, multi drop?

yes multi drop about 12 drops on a bad day plus a few collections after

I’d take a pay cut anyway not to do multi drop though haha finding stuff is soooo stressful. I’m new so covering everyone’s runs through holiday and sickness. not knowing where everything is makes the job so much harder !! plus Birmingham is a ■■■■■ to drive around in

multi drop is not what i took my test to do!! but im happy gaining experience at the moment so not moaning too much about it and thankful the company in question gave me the chance

Exactly mate it’s all experience, a foot in the door and all that. :slight_smile:

Godzilla41:
Exactly mate it’s all experience, a foot in the door and all that. :slight_smile:

yeah i’m ideally wanting to do tramping/ long distance or at least not birmingham city center and outlining towns wouldn’t mind visiting another county lol

Well the advice I got seems to work. I googled all trucking companies then phoned directly and most of them don’t bother advertising. Try it you might be pleasantly surprised. :slight_smile:

A Newbie should be more concerned about getting a start in that class and what they’ll be doing, than whether it’s a good screw or not…
Once you’ve got yourself a bit of experience, then you can start getting paranoid and bitter about whether others are doing better than you! :open_mouth:

I’ve grossed a good wedge this week, but I’m so knackered I can’t even see straight! :laughing:
That might explain the branch in the road I hit on the way back in this morning. :blush:

As already said you need to compare wages only in your area, what the hours are and the graft to earn it…
And even that is horse for courses as some people are all about the money, while others are more interested in an easy life for less wedge.

Thanks to all of you for the replies. I don’t know why I ask others opinions on salary etc, just curious to know if there’s a big difference from within the Northeast and other areas. As you’ve all said it’s experience and if I’m moving trailers here, there and everywhere then that should also bring on my reversing on. Bonus

Thanks again. :slight_smile:

Godzilla41:
Thanks to all of you for the replies. I don’t know why I ask others opinions on salary etc, just curious to know if there’s a big difference from within the Northeast and other areas. As you’ve all said it’s experience and if I’m moving trailers here, there and everywhere then that should also bring my reversing on. Bonus

To answer your original question; £510 is about normal for the NE. Not the worst wage out there, not the best either, but not bad for daywork. the company I work for in Immingham is £535 a week plus £25 per night out. Fuel bonuses and stuff paid at the end of the year. We average 60hrs a week.

I know lot’s of folk that say they wouldn’t get out of bed for those hours and wages etc but needs must. Yes, I’d love to be on an hourly wage as 535 / 60 + £8.91 an hour, and that is crap for a a class 1, but in the current climate and times it’ll do for me. Plus we have great kit and the work isn’t particularly taxing and certainly not getting covered in crap every day.

goshow:

Godzilla41:
Thanks to all of you for the replies. I don’t know why I ask others opinions on salary etc, just curious to know if there’s a big difference from within the Northeast and other areas. As you’ve all said it’s experience and if I’m moving trailers here, there and everywhere then that should also bring my reversing on. Bonus

To answer your original question; £510 is about normal for the NE. Not the worst wage out there, not the best either, but not bad for daywork. the company I work for in Immingham is £535 a week plus £25 per night out. Fuel bonuses and stuff paid at the end of the year. We average 60hrs a week.

I know lot’s of folk that say they wouldn’t get out of bed for those hours and wages etc but needs must. Yes, I’d love to be on an hourly wage as 535 / 60 + £8.91 an hour, and that is crap for a a class 1, but in the current climate and times it’ll do for me. Plus we have great kit and the work isn’t particularly taxing and certainly not getting covered in crap every day.

I can relate to this, I get a little more but I do nights, I am paid hourly but it seems I have an awful lot of deductions being umbrella. Like you I do bout 60 hours (in and out the docks at Immingham couple times a week) trunking and trailer swaps, couple drops maybe…hardly pushed but the hours rack up.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. I also think it’s a good place to start and good experience (especially for my reversing) overall. :slight_smile: I’ll know more tomorrow when I phone the Transport Manager. :slight_smile:

Godzilla41:
Thanks for the info. I also think it’s a good place to start and good experience (especially for my reversing) overall. :slight_smile: I’ll know more tomorrow when I phone the Transport Manager. :slight_smile:

Which T M were you speaking to as they have a couple

Could start with a lot worse tbh

As I said they run by the book decent kit easy job or at least them that trap there

animal:

Godzilla41:

As I said they run by the book decent kit easy job or at least them that trap there

I spoke to Tommy, I think he is the the Transport Manager. Do you know him?

Godzilla41:

animal:

Godzilla41:

I spoke to Tommy, I think he is the the Transport Manager. Do you know him?

Yep know him he used to be a driver well still does go out on the road at times he is ok tbh not the sharpest knife but good kid

I got the job so I’m over the moon. Excited to land my first perm full time HGV job. Thanks to everyone for their advice. :smiley:

Godzilla41:
I got the job so I’m over the moon. Excited to land my first perm full time HGV job. Thanks to everyone for their advice. :smiley:

Congratulations, what one was this and when do you start?

EddieMD:

Godzilla41:

It’s the local day shift I’ve been harping on about the last couple of days. Start next Monday.

Godzilla41:

EddieMD:

Godzilla41:

It’s the local day shift I’ve been harping on about the last couple of days. Start next Monday.

I’m pleased for you, really am!

Thanks mate :slight_smile:

Well done

animal:
Well done

Thank you I appreciate it. :slight_smile: