Driving without digi card to garage?

Hi lads… question for those of you who have their own one or two units and do maintenance by them selves.

I was wondering how does it work. Lets say my weekly period of driving ends on Friday evening and I start again on Monday morning, but I have plans for the weekend to maintenance my lorry. How does it work with the tachograph? Well on that Friday I would come to my garage, take the card our and get the work done… but I cant put it back lets say on Saturday or Sunday to get the lorry back to the company or somewhere cuz my weekly rest wont get 48 hours.

So is there any solution or anyting in the regulation that allows me to drive the lorry without the card in my area or something like that or how do you guys do that with the same situation? Thanks for any ideas :slight_smile:

Maintenance counts as work. Can’t be done im afraid. Your weekly rest would be broken. Do your maintenance within your weekly work. Be careful with your own maintenance etc unless you have the proper brake testing equip.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

As above , it can’t be done , and believe me if your running your own truck , Unless you yourself are a qualified mechanic and have the facilities to properly inspect your vehicle with access to pit etc the money you think you will save will soon be gobbled up on a breakdown the less qualified may have missed , you need to build a working relationship with a fitter you trust , quite frankly if you can’t afford too get a professional to look after your biggest asset your in the wrong business,
What with paperwork invoicing doing your own driving and securing work , why would you even want to add any more to your already massive workload ,
When I started I took the view that if it didn’t pay to get a fitter to look after my truck I’d pack it in , yes there were times when you thought, did I really need that part fitted but , did it save a breakdown along the road ,probably did .

You can’t work while having a weekly rest. And certainly not driving, whether it’s for repairs or not.
If you need to drop or collect your truck, or road test it for maintenance purposes you can put your card in and put it out of scope, which saves your driving time, but you’re still registering your work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk