Do main dealers need a digi card

When a mechanic collects a truck for service do they need to use a digi card? Reason I ask is that I’m 99% certain I’ve left my card in the slot in the truck that’s currently now in being serviced, but nothing has been handed in to the t/o. If they don’t use a card then maybe he hasn’t noticed it hanging out of the slot and it’s still there, otherwise surely he would’ve handed it in? :confused:

■■■■■■■ hassle I’m having with this ■■■■■■■■■■■■■ card :angry: :angry: . Sick of them :angry: . Bring back paper charts :imp: .

A garage normally has a digi card so they can test drive trucks so would think they would take yours out

Yes they will have a digi card, and they should(not will) use it, ours often come back from service withdriving without card flashing away.Which is why when I leave mine for service I always write down the end mileage down in my diary and do a printout.

We have our own digi cards just like any driver - I always use mine when I collect or deliver a customers vehicle but I know not all my colleagues do though.

Steve

Mechanics are supposed to use the tachograph when collecting or delivering vehicles taken for service but I’ve no idea how many do.

I used to work for a company that leased the vehicles, and when the leasing company took the vehicles for service/repair their mechanics never used a card, nor did they when they brought them back.

It’s quite possible that your card is still hanging out of the tachograph.

:confused:

Rob K:
:?

looks like you’ll be handing out 19 buttons for a new one then :laughing: :laughing:

B…

There should also be a workshop card as well.

Conor:

Only if the dealer is an Authorised Tachograph Centre (and the fitter in question has the relevant authorisation and qualifications).

Roymondo:

Conor:

Only if the dealer is an Authorised Tachograph Centre (and the fitter in question has the relevant authorisation and qualifications).

and they cant drive on it

hope and pray that your card is hanging out and hasn’
t been pushed in…
otherwise you’ve been busy all weekend.

dowahdiddyman:
Which is why when I leave mine for service I always write down the end mileage down in my diary and do a printout.

Why would you need to do that?

Rob K:
[zb] hassle I’m having with this piece of [zb] card :angry: :angry: . Sick of them :angry: . Bring back paper charts :imp: .

The consequences of leaving a paper chart in the drawer would be pretty much the same as they are for leaving a digicard in the slot though?

In both cases, you end up with driving/work being recorded on your card/chart while you were at home with your feet up. At least with a digicard it won’t mess up the recording of the work/driving that you did carry out during your last shift :slight_smile:

Found!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: Was still sat there in the slot this morning when it came back from the dealer so I guess their drivers don’t bother using one. :astonished: