Digi ?

Can i drive a truck without a digi card.?

Me gaffer as just bought a new truck with a digi tacho and he say that whilst i wait for my digi card to come i can drive it as long as i fill a log book out.
True or False
Thanks.

The official response would probably be, only if your card (that you already have) or the tachograph itself, has a fault. But I could be wrong. :grimacing:

You can not drive this until you have a digi card, having it being processed does not mean you can drive it. Gaffer is wrong. If the card is faulty or you lose it you can still drive the vehicle.

brit_mark:
Can i drive a truck without a digi card.?

Me gaffer as just bought a new truck with a digi tacho and he say that whilst i wait for my digi card to come i can drive it as long as i fill a log book out.
True or False
Thanks.

borrow your bosses card , i find it handy to get home on a fri night when your short of time , both having shaven heads and looking similar helps :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

False, heard about a driver who hit the low bridge at Dunragit on the A75, recovery guy told me the driver didnt have a digi card, agency had told him it was ok to drive without one do a manual entry he is supposedly in a lot of trouble over it.

i dont think you are allowed to drive a digi equipped vehicle unless you are in possession of your card or it is faulty. unlike a certain driver who asked me for some wax charts a while ago to do a manual entry as he didnt have a card. i knew he would be in trouble if he got caught but as he retired several years ago i dont think he would have bothered getting one. i wouldnt if i was in my 70s and only drove twice a week

As much as I hate most of the rubbish that the human rights campaigners
spew every day…

If the above opinions are correct, then the rules deny you the right to work.

That right to work is probably covered by some ‘human rights act’.

206doorman:
As much as I hate most of the rubbish that the human rights campaigners
spew every day…

If the above opinions are correct, then the rules deny you the right to work.

That right to work is probably covered by some ‘human rights act’.

How?
You know you need a HGV licence to drive a HGV.
You know you need a digi card to drive a digi truck?
And if you don’t know, maybe you don’t know all the other rules that have came in too?