Digi Tacho

Right this is a really silly question and i am 99% sure I know the answer. Can you drive a vehicle fitted with a digital tachograph (card type) with out a digi card?

Also the tacho unit is displaying driven without card, I am going to be driving it either tomorrow or Monday will it come up with anything on my card and if it does would I have to do a print out and write on it when I started driving the vehicle to cover my arse.

You can only drive without a card if it is lost, stolen or faulty. In these instances you must comply with the regulations of reporting it within 7 days, and then you are covered for 15 days. Obviously doing the print-outs before and after your shift. You cannot drive without a card if you haven’t been issued with one, or if you simply forgot it!

Obviously you have a card, otherwise you wouldn’t be concerned about the “driving without card” showing on it! So if you think that you may have forgotten it and drove the vehicle, you would be in trouble, however, if you thought that you’d lost it, and then found it again, that may be more acceptable :wink:

Hi mate sorry didn’t explain it very well, yeah I have a card but other people dont and have been driving it which I didnt know until today I persumed they had a card to be honest.

This will be the first time I have used my card and the first time I will of driven the vehicle.

Big Brummie Macca:
Right this is a really silly question and i am 99% sure I know the answer. Can you drive a vehicle fitted with a digital tachograph (card type) with out a digi card?

grumpybum ahs answered that for you.

Big Brummie Macca:
Also the tacho unit is displaying driven without card, I am going to be driving it either tomorrow or Monday will it come up with anything on my card and if it does would I have to do a print out and write on it when I started driving the vehicle to cover my arse.

The “Driven without card” will not show on your driver card, just press “OK” and it will go away :wink:

Thanks for the replies I was right so am going to say something on Monday before any one gets into trouble over it.

And thanks for telling me how to sort the driving without card thing

Big Brummie Macca:
yeah I have a card but other people dont and have been driving it which I didnt know until today I persumed they had a card to be honest.

The information that the vehicle has been driven without a card will not be shown on your card but it will of cause remain on the VU for at least 12 months, it’s not unusual for the “driven without card” to show, for instance when fitters fetch vehicles I’ve never seen them use a card and you end up with the tachograph informing you that the vehicle has been “Driven without card”.

The problem will be if the vehicle has been driven for any significant distance and VOSA download from the VU for any reason your employer could have some awkward questions to answer.

But it’s their problem not yours so I wouldn’t worry about it :wink:

theres only card type digital
the others are electronic cd type tray
or analogue big round thing gobbed into dash

Don’t worry about the driven without card, clear it by pressing ok, it will happen anytime where other drivers or fitters move the truck even a yard. Don’t even worry about VOSA as your card will be ok, just the VU will remember. If you were going on the continent, they may ask questions.

Dont forget to use manual entry if you need to before taking the truck over and do not forget to put the start country in at the beginning. UK in this case

How does the manual entry work and when would you use it. Is it for adding extra work when you have been driving a van or something like that?

How do you turn it onto break and other work as well, dumb questions I know but I have never used one before.

Big Brummie Macca:
How does the manual entry work and when would you use it. Is it for adding extra work when you have been driving a van or something like that?

That would be one use for it. I use it every day at the start of the shift to account for the time between me arriving at work and getting to the unit. At the start of each shift I also use it to add a bit onto the previous shift to account for the time between leaving the unit and leaving work.

Big Brummie Macca:
How do you turn it onto break and other work as well, dumb questions I know but I have never used one before.

Same as you do with a ‘normal’ tachograph, with the mode switch, each time you press it it cycles onto the next mode - Other Work - Break/Rest - POA. It is marked with a 1 and is next to the eject button so be a little careful.

Big Brummie Macca:
How does the manual entry work and when would you use it.

Basically you do a manual entry for any time when you’re cards not in the tachograph and you’re working, such as after you take the card out at the end of the shift when you may still have paperwork to do, or at the start of a shift when you’re working before putting the card in.

Interactive demonstration of Inserting the card and manual entry on a Siemens Digital tachograph (Have the volume on)

And here are more links for learning about the Digital tachograph :open_mouth:

The first link is reasonably straight forward :wink:

Siemens Digital Tachographs - How to use them - Printable download

The Tachomaster Drivers Guide To The Digital Tachograph

DRIVERS SHORT OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS —Siemens DTCO 1381

Stoneridge Digital Tachograph - SE5000 user manual. (PDF)

The digital tachograph simulator

Digital Tachograph Simulator Direct Downloads
Install “Interactive Digital Tachograph Simulator” first, then either or all of the training sequences.

Interactive Digital Tachograph Simulator v4.exe

Training sequences for the Actia tachograph (V 4.0)

Training sequences for the Siemens tachograph (V 4.0)

Training sequences for the Stoneridge tachograph (V 4.0)

You can now run the simulator on-line (links bellow)

For [u]ADSL[/u] connections

For [u]Modem[/u] connections

tachograph:

Big Brummie Macca:

Basically you do a manual entry for any time when you’re cards not in the tachograph and you’re working, such as after you take the card out at the end of the shift when you may still have paperwork to do, or at the start of a shift when you’re working before putting the card in.

Interactive demonstration of Inserting the card and manual entry on a Siemens Digital tachograph (Have the volume on)

Install “Interactive Digital Tachograph Simulator” first, then either or all of the training sequences.

Are you ROG in disguise? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Coffeeholic:

tachograph:

Big Brummie Macca:

PMSL thought you were :wink: :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

That list of digital tachograph links does seem to be getting bigger :open_mouth:

But at least there’s not more questions than answers … yet :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

Which is what makes it different from a ROG type post :wink:

tachograph:
:lol: :laughing: :laughing:

That list of digital tachograph links does seem to be getting bigger :open_mouth:

But at least there’s not more questions than answers … yet :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

I have a question.

What if…

Nah, can’t be bothered. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Coffeeholic:

tachograph:

Big Brummie Macca:

Should I trust his advise then :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Seriously though thanks for all the tips and advice much appreciated

Big Brummie Macca:

Coffeeholic:

Should I trust his advise then :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

No!!! :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

On a more serious note in order to answer your question we need to know starting/finishing times, break times and how much POA you’ve booked, we will require you to give this information for the past 6 months so we can work out which week your last weekly rest belonged to.

It will be easiest for the Guru’s to answer your question if you give the information in the following format.

Week1.
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday

Week 2.
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday

I realise this has nothing to do with your question but … hey! I’m having fun :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Now we move onto this.

Ah, good father,
Thou seest, the heavens, as troubled with man’s act,
Threaten his bloody stage: by the clock, 'tis day,
And yet dark night strangles the travelling lamp:
Is’t night’s predominance, or the day’s shame,
That darkness does the face of earth entomb,
When living light should kiss it?

I saw this in another thread and thought it could be relevant :bulb: :bulb:

Does that help :question: :question:

Coffeeholic: