digi card help

I dropped my truck off in garage yesterday as its booked in for inspection tommorow(mon :sunglasses:i parked up grabbed my gear,had a chat with one of the fitters and went home.ive just realised i forgot to take out my digi card and its in the unit on other work when it should be on weekly rest.im going to pick the unit up tommorow at 7 how do i sort the tacho out to record my weekly rest.I hope this makes sense and any help would be appreciated,thanks.

I’ve never used a digi so here is my guess…
Do a printout with written explanation.

I’m fairly sure the authorities will realise that this was a non delibrate error :smiley:

Thanks Rog,thats what ill do .pretty new to the digi myself,like you said the authories are bound to understand maybe just the 1 year in prison and a massive fine :laughing: keep up the good work,richard.

The fact that you left the tachograph on “other work” could be the least of your problems :open_mouth:

I would say that under no circumstances should you rely on the authorities being understanding in fact if you get stopped I would say that depending on what’s shown on your card tomorrow you can expect to be parked up for a weekly rest period unless you cover your arse.

Basically you’re in the [zb] if the vehicle is moved whilst in for inspection as your card will show driving time whilst you’re supposed to be on a weekly rest period.

The garage will keep a record of the inspection date but you could do with some kind of proof that the vehicle was left there over the weekend so check to see if they keep records of when they took over possession of the vehicle and when it was collected from them, if they don’t keep such a record then ask if they or your employer could provide you with a letter to show that the vehicle was in their possession over the weekend and was not used by you.

Do a printout for the last day it was used and write a manual entry to show when you finished work and started and finished a weekly rest period, also write an explanation of what happened.

That’s what I would do but other people may see things differently (In fact they already do), either way I would suggest that you seriously need to cover yourself for the time the vehicle was not in your possession unless you’re happy to get parked up and receive a fixed penalty for failing to take a weekly rest period.

Whilst I’m not one of the people who knock VOSA you should understand that they can only see what’s on your card so try to be in a position to help them understand by providing proof of what happened instead of just leaving it to them to decide whether or not to believe you.

Good luck :wink:

I just had to check my digi-card was in my wallet having left our DAF in for a service on the way home Friday night. Last time I forgot to take the card out but nothing came of it. I’m sure it must happen all the time and when the authorities come to analyse the results on the computer they must realise what’s probably happened but it’s best to write on a printout. Had to do this Tuesday after a wonderful 6 mile trip across central London took 1.5 hours and went over driving time. The printout showed continuous driving even though I reckon I was moving less than a quarter of the time.

I would simply take a printout for Friday, Take another one for Monday AM and write a short explanation on the back. "Forgot to remove card during vehicle inspection"You will probably get some infringement notice from spurious tacho analysis companies, just write the same explanation on that too.

i left my card in all weekend last year…i did a printout for each day of the weekend and wrote on the back"card left in tacho in error" on each printout…kept them for 28 days then handed them in as you would a disc.

Thanks everone for your help,going to get down there as soon as they open in the morning and do printouts and wright on back.