ONLINE CPC COURSE with NTP

I’M LOOKING for a Transport Management CPC course and have come across an online one that looks very good. It’s offered by NTP Services who advertise themselves as ‘the UK’s leading transport and logistics training company’. Has anyone had any experience of this CPC course, and if so, what was your overall impression of it? Many thanks.

If you are self-driven enough to consider an online course, why not just buy the EOS folder and work through that?

Would save you a packet and it’s what I did. It’s not for everyone as most seem to prefer sitting in a classroom

Erm, would also be interesting to hear how many people have actually heard of this ‘leading’ company?

good_friend:
If you are self-driven enough to consider an online course, why not just buy the EOS folder and work through that?

Would save you a packet and it’s what I did. It’s not for everyone as most seem to prefer sitting in a classroom

Erm, would also be interesting to hear how many people have actually heard of this ‘leading’ company?

Thanks for the EOS recommendation, I wasn’t aware of them.

I’ve had a look at their packs and they look as if they’ll suit my requirements.

Thanks for your help good_friend.

:bulb: It might be worth a phone call to NTP to ask which course materials they use.

It’s a perfectly valid question given that you’re considering parting with your hard-earned.

As an ex-CPC tutor, I’d recommend the EOS course materials because they’re just about the industry standard for Operator CPC.

I’ve don’t know of this ‘leading’ company, so their response to your question might help you to decide.

I haven’t used them but they are based a couple of miles from my girlfriend’s house so can at least confirm they exist

Many thanks for your comments regarding my post.

I’ll be purchasing the EOS home study course following your advice.

Having said that, I have emailed OCR regarding the likely relevance of any current study material for exams to be taken post-Brexit as there could possibly be changes to various aspects of transport operations, particularly when going into Europe.

Once I receive an answer from them I’ll know whether to delay or to go for it now.

Crusaderrr:

Having said that, I have emailed OCR regarding the likely relevance of any current study material for exams to be taken post-Brexit as there could possibly be changes to various aspects of transport operations, particularly when going into Europe.

Once I receive an answer from them I’ll know whether to delay or to go for it now.

Hi Crusaderrr,

You might be slightly overthinking this…

There is a natural lag between a new law being passed when compared to the updating of that new info into the CPC exams.

As long as you buy the current EOS student notes, you’ll be fine for the next CPC exam because that’s how it works. It might be best to imagine that the exam is simply a snapshot of… has this candidate achieved the required standard on the day of the exam.

After qualification, it is your responsibility to keep your knowledge up-to-date.
To make this easier, there are a number of TM info subscription services that cater for this so that you don’t have to go out and buy hardcopy of each new law when it comes out as well as knowing when they’re coming.

dieseldave:

Crusaderrr:

Hi Crusaderrr,

You might be slightly overthinking this…

There is a natural lag between a new law being passed when compared to the updating of that new info into the CPC exams.

As long as you buy the current EOS student notes, you’ll be fine for the next CPC exam because that’s how it works. It might be best to imagine that the exam is simply a snapshot of… has this candidate achieved the required standard on the day of the exam.

After qualification, it is your responsibility to keep your knowledge up-to-date.
To make this easier, there are a number of TM info subscription services that cater for this so that you don’t have to go out and buy hardcopy of each new law when it comes out as well as knowing when they’re coming.

Probably, but I’m looking at a June or September exam, so maybe enough time for them to incorporate some new post-Brexit Q’s and A’s?..Yeah…over thinking like you say. Cheers dieseldave.

I must admit I didn’t know about the subscription stuff. Care to post some details please DD?

You’re welcome with the help OP. If you have any questions then please don’t hesitate to ask. There are a lot of really knowledgeable people on here who have forgotten more than I have ever known and are always happy to help.

i joined this site the day I passed my class 1 and since then I have managed to obtain my CPC and DGSA with a lot of help from the people on here :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

good_friend:
I must admit I didn’t know about the subscription stuff. Care to post some details please DD?

Hi good_friend,

I’m a bit pushed for time right now, but here’s one…

Back in the day, you paid an annual subscription and then received a loose leaf binder book in a box in the post.

After that, you received an envelope each month containing the pages that had changed, together with an overview page.

I used to use the overview page as a tick-sheet as I went through the loose leaf binder swopping the out of date pages.

As long as you’d read the main part of the book, keeping up to speed with changes wasn’t that difficult.

:bulb: I’ve no idea how it all works these days though, but I’d guess that it might involve an ‘App.’ :smiley:

Whilst I’m thinking of this subject, I think David Lowe publishes something by way of updates.
IIRC, he published a book called ‘The Road To Transport Management’ for Operator CPC study, as well as Lowe’s Transport Manager’s and Operator’s Handbook for use once qualified and on the front line.

As usual, I caution folk not to penny-pinch, and so invest in up-to-date versions of whatever they need because the bottom line is that it can be guaranteed that a Traffic Commissioner will be armed with the latest info. :open_mouth:

hi all can you take test on line

fat liar:
hi all can you take test on line

I’m a little out of touch with Operator CPC these days cos it’s nearly 10 years since I last taught it.

Some of the exam is done online, but I think the written case study is done in a proper exam room.

hi can someone fell this corse because when i done it in 1998 it was said you will not fell it

fat liar:
hi can someone fell this corse because when i done it in 1998 it was said you will not fell it

What was your result in 1998?

passed with 87% i took it at hinkley point in somerset so i could be a owner driver for tarmac top mix then came the crash of 1089/1990 . can not find my certicate any more as moved about 6 times since then so i have to take it again not sure if my brain will take it all in again

fat liar:
passed with 87% i took it at hinkley point in somerset so i could be a owner driver for tarmac top mix then came the crash of 1089/1990 . can not find my certicate any more as moved about 6 times since then so i have to take it again not sure if my brain will take it all in again

Hi,

I’m not sure that the actual mark was ever given out… my memory of it a that time was that it was simply pass/fail and you needed something like 75% to gain a pass. :confused:

You don’t necessarily need to re-do your CPC, because there is a system for getting replacement certificates.

You should contact OCR with as much detail as you can remember.

Things like… where and when you took your course/exams will be of great help.

Also, since you had an ‘O’ licence, your local TC may have kept a copy from when you first applied, so you do have a couple of options.

Good Luck!!