Best place to obtain Transport Manager CPC

Hello. I’m trying to find out how to obtain my own Transport Manager CPC. Can anyone recommend a good way and place to do it? I can study by myself, but I can’t seem to find any study materials or books that cover the subject. Schools charge about £1000, which to me seems kind of expensive considering that I don’t need them to tell me stuff I can read on my own. Are there some sort of study manuals? I can buy used ones, it doesn’t matter to me. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

Rha sell all the books iirc.

I used a Friendberry home study course, and took the exams at my local college. That was back in 1997 though, but I think they are still in being.

Two roads at Nottingham has a great pack. However, don’t underestimate the advantage of going on one of the £1000 courses, same as all exams, learning exam strategy is 5times better than knowledge alone.

vicden:
Are there some sort of study manuals? I can buy used ones, it doesn’t matter to me. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi vicden,

:bulb: Please be careful when buying used manuals, because they might be out of date :exclamation:

Self study works for some people, but you’d need a fair amount of self-discipline and a not too busy social life.

I used to teach the operator CPC, and I can well remember people attending for re-sits who thought they’d done enough to pass, because (once they’d owned-up to needing tuition) they all said what a hard job it was to try to unlearn then re-learn something they thought they’d understood.

I haven’t taught operator CPC for about 7-8 years now, so I’ve no angle on recommending that classroom tuition is best for most people.
With classroom tuition, there’s also the advantage of being able to discuss any queries interactively in ‘real’ time with the tutor, or with your classmates.

Good luck in your studies. :smiley: