Transport managers cpc course HELP

Hi all, im thinking of having a crack at the transport managers cpc (operators licence).
Does anyone have any tips? Apparently its quite a high fail rate and i want to pass at the first go, is there anything out there which i could read / swat up on before i start the course?? do’s and don’ts??
Any and all help gratefully accepted…

Do the course and pay attention, don’t assume you know better and you will be fine.
Good luck.

Get the course notes early enough if you are thinking of booking on a course. Some will only give them out on day 1 of the course and as far as I’m concerned the content is way too much to absorb and take in if you want to pass first time. Alot of ‘home work’ is needed even with the course but if you put the work in you will be fine. Also the OCR website is good to look at. Their study guide is well worth a read with tips on what they expect etc… PM me if I can be of any more help.

If you go to the right trainers they will have all the previous test papers and ALOT of the questions are repeated! !!!

Truckhoor:
Hi all, im thinking of having a crack at the transport managers cpc (operators licence).
Does anyone have any tips? Apparently its quite a high fail rate and i want to pass at the first go, is there anything out there which i could read / swat up on before i start the course?? do’s and don’ts??
Any and all help gratefully accepted…

Hi Truckhoor,

Apart from the very good advice you’ve had so far, my best tip is…

Please avoid the temptation to use cheap or out-of-date study materials because they really are a false economy.
It’s best to make sure that you only use CURRENT study materials sourced from a reputable provider.

I’d recommend the EOS study notes for operator CPC.

Thanks for all the advice,it ALL has been noted…
Went to Ritchies in glasgow to book onto a course this morning,was directed to speak to this “lady” (i use this term very very loosely). Tbh she was as much help as getting thrown a lead water ring when drowning. Her attitude was shocking,i said if i pay a 300 pound deposit today for the course in march could i get some past papers or course work to get a head start? I told her ive heard its a difficuilt course with a high fail rate and her reply was “naw, we dont dae that here”,she went on “ye get two weeks course work then a week aff tae study n the book we gie ye is this thick” (holding up fore finger and thumb),i tried again for some material, “naw ah told ye we dont dae that”…
I left the place scratching my head thinking,ffs if this is the standard before i start i could be in trouble here,so phoned another place and booked myself on the course…i asked on the phone about course work and he said pop down and see them and hell see what he can dig up…difference of day n night…phewww

Hi Truckhoor

I would recommend CILT. They offer the Management CPC course several times a year and seem to be the most realistic on price.

See the below link: https://www.ciltuk.org.uk/TrainingCPD/Training/CPC.aspx

Good luck with getting it sorted

TruckHoor This link might help ya Buddy ocr.org.uk/qualifications/vo … 012-05670/
It has past papers and other useful bits and pieces. Good Luck!

Naughty boy, no advertising allowed!!

lol. Bless you young man!

But FYI, If I can help anyone else with any form of training or even simple advice, It would be my pleasure to help. One quick note about driver training though, the problem that lots of people will find is not the availability of companies offering training, its getting a test date that is the issue. In a nutshell, there are simply not enough DVSA testers in the DVSA. So, to speed things along, try and get your training done at a DVSA test centre. It makes getting test dates a little more straight forward. Obviously I am, but as they say on TV, other training providers may be available lol

gavingtg:

But FYI, If I can help anyone else with any form of training or even simple advice, It would be my pleasure to help. One quick note about driver training though, the problem that lots of people will find is not the availability of companies offering training, its getting a test date that is the issue. In a nutshell, there are simply not enough DVSA testers in the DVSA. So, to speed things along, try and get your training done at a DVSA test centre. It makes getting test dates a little more straight forward. Obviously I am, but as they say on TV, other training providers may be available lol

Send my regards to Bonnie, I cannot name company I work for but I post under my real name, done a couple of courses at your place with her!

pete smith:
Naughty boy, no advertising allowed!!

Looks like he spotted it, so that’s saved me a job.

I got his other advert though. :laughing: :wink:

lol
Your best wishes have been duly passed on to the lovely Bonnie.
( but that is the last message I give her. I am not a dating agency lol)

gavingtg:
lol
Your best wishes have been duly passed on to the lovely Bonnie.
( but that is the last message I give her. I am not a dating agency lol)

Oh non of that i’m married!

that was a genuine chat fail. please delete the last post I made. I have no idea why it put contact stuff on there.

gavingtg:

But FYI, If I can help anyone else with any form of training or even simple advice, It would be my pleasure to help.

That’s fine so far, but due to Forum Rules… please stop short of an actual advert. :smiley:

gavingtg:
One quick note about driver training though, the problem that lots of people will find is not the availability of companies offering training, its getting a test date that is the issue. In a nutshell, there are simply not enough DVSA testers in the DVSA. So, to speed things along, try and get your training done at a DVSA test centre. It makes getting test dates a little more straight forward. Obviously I am, but as they say on TV, other training providers may be available lol

That’s quite possibly a fair comment, but this topic is in the O/D’s forum and is about the Operator CPC.

IIRC, there have been some discussions about driver testing in the Newbies’ Forum:

gavingtg:
that was a genuine chat fail. please delete the last post I made. I have no idea why it put contact stuff on there.

I know why it did that :wink:

It did it because you put a list of contact details and an advert in your signature, so that means that there would have been a very lengthy signature appearing on every post you make.

I’ve edited your profile and removed your signature.

Polite request… Please read Forum Rule #5 and maybe the rest of the rules whilst you’re there? :smiley: :grimacing:

I can’t recommend the RHA ten day course highly enough. Two big folders of material and case study after case study, you even get set homework as the course lasted over five weeks.

I passed first time, good value at £1500ish all in, last June if I remember correctly, with tea/coffee and a good buffet luncheon each day.

Again thanks for all the info. Gavingtg has sorted me out. It was his place i called when i came out of ritchies. I done my driver cpc with them and tbh they were as professional as you can get. They were actually cheaper so thats a nice bonus. So its all sytems are go.
Next question,im getting a buisness plan togeather,truck costs, insurance, etc…does anyone know where i could get some mileage rates in the glasgow / central belt area. Most of the guys ive spoken to are very reluctant on letting me know of their rates (i do understand why). So does anyone on here have any pointers. Ive seen on here some other posts where its been £1.37 per mile which tbh if is correct theres not really any point in getting own motor. Any advice or pointers■■?
Again thanks for ALL help