Breaking 7.5t limits

Punchy Dan:
Lol , I used to do all those villages round there from portbury to midsomer Norton ,all round dundry an chew lake ect ,the worst village is that one with the give way to on coming vehicles and those bloody walls and the dip by the farm .

Sounds like Blagdon used to do Bath to WSM through there every week in an artic and you could easily meet another artic going into the Yeo Valley yoghurt place there. Banwell, further on, is similar but not as bad. Cheddar to Wells is unexpectedly tight in places if you meet something. Everyone moans about tight places and backwaters but I do find wide A roads boring usually.

Norton St Phillip has had a weight limit for a while but you could cut through the middle of the village without passing a weight limit sign so don’t know if they’ve wised to that particular loophole.

For Chapmanslade I would have said A36 Radstock then Frome. There’s an exemption on the weight limit through Frome if you’re overheight for the bridge on the main Radstock- Frome route. Alternatively, depending on traffic there might be a lot less in it time wise, than you would think to get back on the motorway in Bristol and do M4 junction 18 through Bath or possibly 17 if Bath is bad. I often used to take the shortest back route to Westbury, from Bristol, and other drivers would often beat me on the motorway.