Norton St Philip Nimbies, Bath

In the local paper, they have ran a story titled :The menace of lorries :
Police and the village TAG ,traffic action group stopped lorries to ask why and where they were going, to educate them about the 7.5 ton weight limit.
Locals are fed up with lorries damaging the old medieval buildings and want to preserve the village for future generations.
They said that with bollards on the streets, legally parked cars have been damaged, they omitted the fact that a long section of the road is parked with many cars at a distance of about 800 meters, so the road is partially blocked, causing jams and commuters not giving way on the daily rat run and school runs.
In the photo, there is a lorry under the 7.5 ton weight limit, the load is secured with enough ratchet straps, on the load is garden sheds, the hypocrisy of it, it is ok if they get their cheap shed ordered off the net for a bargain price, but at the same time moan about nasty lorries.
They also reported coaches using the village when the road works shut the A 36, there are no signs or law to say that coaches are not allowed.
If you have knowledge of the road haulage industry, you would see a legal vehicle being portrayed as an illegal vehicle, in the photo in the paper.
The firms name is visible and their phone number.
This village used to have a poultry factory which got burnt down in a fire many years ago, even then, residents were not happy with artics of bird lorry activity for 24 hours.
Let us all hope that Tarlequinn and Harriet got their garden shed delivered, the head of the TAG has asked the Houses of parliament to raise the current fine of £ 50 , to go up to £ 250 for ignoring the 7.5 ton weight limit.

The anti lorry brigade must have too much money and time on their hands to get their knickers in a twist with a nasty lorry, their only concern is the value of their over priced idyllic pad in the countryside.
Sad individuals that should be spending their savings to avoid paying for care in the residential home, and less for their offspring.
If it was me, I would blow the lot on a round the world cruise, and live on the same ship all year round.

If the police stopped me I’d happily speak to him,I would by no means engage in conversation with this village folk who have nothing better to do than fill themselves with self importance trying to preace over HGV drivers,although in the sense of balance I would offer them the chance to talk to me at a cost of my hourly rate with a minimum 1hr charge applicable.TAG my ■■■■■■■ arse,although I wouldn’t say that or they probably would.

As much as I hate the arrogance of some nimby’s and the self important,self appointed “guardians of whats right and wrong” (dash/helmet cam warriors etc) if the road is a 7.5 ton limit then they have a point about lorries going down there.
But I wouldnt be stopping to speak to them. Window rolled up and door locked and not a word spoken should they block the road. They’d take anything out of context and spin it so best to keep sthum.
But it boils my necter when you get these self appointed ■■■■■■■■■ giving it large with “we are talking too and educating people”. Who decided they had a right to do things like this?

Hasn’t helped that the A36 has been shut for months.

Nasty narrow road through the place, as Toby has said, nobody would take a heavy through there unless neccessary.

Seen tour buses go through - guess thats ok?