Driving through a7.5t limit

quick question lads ,just received in post a summons for driving through 7.5t limit in artic on a1246 at faiburn by ferrybridge.anyone no what my fine will be,ill be attending court ,i think its better when you show up ,may have a bit of sympathy for me when i tell them about our hard times`.thanks dave

i would have thought that you should have got a NIP through first

Can’t you get a delivery note made out to some address inside the weight limit,doubt anyone will check if its genuine.

pursy:
Can’t you get a delivery note made out to some address inside the weight limit,doubt anyone will check if its genuine.

no it is a village ,just houses

It’s what used to be the A1. Pay up because court will be more expensive.

mick.mh2racing:
It’s what used to be the A1. Pay up because court will be more expensive.

as said in question i am getting took to court ,ive not been given any other option

pursy:

Very bad advice, best ignored.
You do not have to be an MP to be done for perverting the course
of justice and/or attempting to.

Regards,
Nick

Straight to court? have you lots of other convictions?
Silly question but why did you go through the limit in the first place?

Foxstein:
Straight to court? have you lots of other convictions?
Silly question but why did you go through the limit in the first place?

This road is now a minor A road but used to be the main A1 but is now bypassed. If you’re relying on previous experience and not looking at the signs then I’d say it was easily done.
The advice about getting some paperwork I’d say should be disregarded. Perverting the course of justice will end you up in a cell facing north with a giant of a bloke called Precious.

I should have thought that if it’s going straight to court then you must have disturbed a tory MP from his mistresses ■■■■ party somewhere along the route.

You better read this:

gazetteseries.co.uk/news/943 … striction/

£££££££££££££ OUCH!!!

I also read that the police are getting very hot on trucks breaching weight restrictions now.

brados:
I should have thought that if it’s going straight to court then you must have disturbed a tory MP from his mistresses ■■■■ party somewhere along the route.

You better read this:

£££££££££££££ OUCH!!!

I also read that the police are getting very hot on trucks breaching weight restrictions now.

After reading that I wouldn’t bother turning up, the two who did that but were found guilty in their absence, faired better than the ones who pleaded guilty by post.

I know ignorance is no excuse but you could say that you were following a habit. You didn’t read the signs as you have used this route regularly over a number of years when it was the A1 and didn’t realise until it was too late to turn round, since this road used to be a major trunk road. Why would you read the altered road signs, you’ve used that road for years.
Might not get you off the hook but might mitigate the inevitable fine.

mick.mh2racing:
I know ignorance is no excuse but you could say that you were following a habit. You didn’t read the signs as you have used this route regularly over a number of years when it was the A1 and didn’t realise until it was too late to turn round, since this road used to be a major trunk road. Why would you read the altered road signs, you’ve used that road for years.
Might not get you off the hook but might mitigate the inevitable fine.

Or get you on a due care and attention rap :wink:

It was discussed at length in 2005

www3.northyorks.gov.uk/n2cabine … nbroth.pdf

7:59am Thursday 2nd February 2012 in Selby & Tadcaster

THE latest in a series of crime crackdowns across the Selby district has been hailed as a success.

Officers took to the streets of Byram, Brotherton and surrounding villages on Thursday, January 26, as part of Operation Birch, which was launched last year to help reduce offending and the fear of crime.

Court officers made three home visits to apprehend people who had failed to pay court fines. Police patrolled the A1246 at Fairburn in response to concerns about vehicles exceeding weight limits on the road, and fined several drivers.

Trading standards officials joined officers on patrol in and around Byram, checking licensed premises amid concerns about underage drinking. They visited seven shops and six pubs to offer advice.

The Selby Community Payback scheme did cleaning work at Selby Lock, and council officials joined officers in Brotherton to seek out graffiti and other criminal damage that needed addressing.

Sergeant Lesley Holliday said: “The day was a great success thanks to all the hard work and planning put in by PC Jezz Richardson.

“Days like this show that we are committed to responding to concerns raised by local residents and are determined to ensure that their quality of life is not affected by crime or antisocial behaviour.”

I think it is going to be expensive

I got had on this very road 8 months ago. Had a letter sent saying they were considering prosecution and did i have anything to say.

I went on i didnt know the area at all (which i dont) that my map doesnt show it as a weight restriction and begged for mercy!!

Got away with an official caution.

On a side note, i went over tower bridge in london the other day, no restriction until you get to the other side then 18t limit due to weak underground station. Lets hope i dont get done for that one!!!

brados:

You better read this:

£££££££££££££ OUCH!!!

All 4 drivers were fined a £15 VICTIM SURCHARGE…wtf??

Who was the victim here then? The road?

This “victim surcharge” nonsense is just another way of eking out that little bit of extra money. You see it in nearly every guilty sentence nowadays…even those where there are no obvious victims.

daleyboy:
On a side note, i went over tower bridge in london the other day, no restriction until you get to the other side then 18t limit due to weak underground station. Lets hope i dont get done for that one!!!

I did that years ago and got pulled in by a copper on a motorbike, his first words to me were “Are you some kind of [zb] nutter?” I pleaded ignorance and he let me off with my ears ringing :stuck_out_tongue:

brados:

daleyboy:

I did that years ago and got pulled in by a copper on a motorbike, his first words to me were “Are you some kind of [zb] nutter?” I pleaded ignorance and he let me off with my ears ringing :stuck_out_tongue:

Lol

tower bridge itself isnt restricted but when you get to tge end there is a temp restriction in force. lets hope i wasnt spotted.

I was told last time its upto £1000 for the driver and upto £5000 for the company!

:blush: edit on my posts not tower bridge but London bridge