Fined yesterday 10.04.2012

went to selby magistrates yesterday for driving through a 7.5 limit at fairburn by ferrybridge.said i had used an out of date map ,apoligised,mentioned about the hard times were all having eg fuel,foreign hauliers. fell on deaf ears ,fined £550+£135 costs ,magistrate said it should have been £800 + costs,gave me adiscount for the delay and appearing in court.no wonder thers a shortage of drivers!

davev8500:
went to selby magistrates yesterday for driving through a 7.5 limit at fairburn by ferrybridge.said i had used an out of date map ,apoligised,mentioned about the hard times were all having eg fuel,foreign hauliers. fell on deaf ears ,fined £550+£135 costs ,magistrate said it should have been £800 + costs,gave me adiscount for the delay and appearing in court.no wonder thers a shortage of drivers!

ffs you are joking the shower of ■■■■! boils my ■■■■, if a scratter or baghead robs an old lady they get there wrists slapped and community work

That’s harsh, I got nicked in a 7.5 tonne weight limit- I thought my delivery address was within it- and I got a £30 fixed penalty. How did you get caught, patrol, camera?

2 trading standard guys followed me in a car.then took photo of reg plate and back of container.

davev8500:
2 trading standard guys followed me in a car.then took photo of reg plate and back of container.

Another bunch of wanabee coppers with nothing else to do but chase an easy target! WTF has it got to do with them? Of course when they need help to do their proper job they will expect everyone on the road to do their “duty” and be as big an arsewipe as they obviously are. Regards Kevmac47.

Let this be a warning to others, they are VERY keen about that 7.5t weight limit in the old A1(A162) at Fairburn. I collect grain from 2 farms in the village and quite regularly get my vehicle details taken down by the nimbies! One of the farms isn’t so bad as its pretty much straight off the main drag but the other involves going through the village which is very narrow. One of my mates was coming out the farm one day when he came face to face with a foreigner following his sat nav. No way out for either of them as cars behind both so of course the police were called. As soon as they turned up asked my mate why he was in the weight limit and so he explained he had collected from a farm in the limit to which the copper replied the farmer should meet you at a suitable place outside the weight limit to load his grain! No common sense some people!

davev8500:

www3.northyorks.gov.uk/n2cabine … nbroth.pdf

Guess i was bloody lucky then. I got had at this very spot last year, after a begging letter was sent i got let off with an offical caution which i am supposed to disclose to any future employer!

the nature of my job takes me through alot of weight limits never had a problem
or have i spoken to soon :open_mouth:

xfmatt:
As soon as they turned up asked my mate why he was in the weight limit and so he explained he had collected from a farm in the limit to which the copper replied the farmer should meet you at a suitable place outside the weight limit to load his grain! No common sense some people!

If I’ve found the correct limit (click), it is clearly 7.5t ‘except for access’. If you can show that the pick up point is inside the limit (paperwork is useful!), that should be an absolute defence. However much locals care about the weight limit, nobody can insist a pick-up point is moved to avoid an LGV entering the limit.

I know that and you know that but coppers just say what they want to show their authority!

xfmatt:
quite regularly get my vehicle details taken down by the nimbies!

Someone should get either a tractor unit or 18tonner and downplate it to 7.5t and just drive up and down the village all day to annoy them.

Paul