Lucozade Trucks

Hi everybody, I’m after some photo’s of Lucozade trucks especially ones from the Gloucestershire area. If you have any of these I would really like to see them as I been looking for ages. It’s hard to think that such a large firm as Beecham’s at Coleford (that made the Lucozade and Ribena drinks), and no-one has any pictures of the old wagons that were constantly in and out of there. Thanks…Paul

Hi i think i have a couple of photos will try and find them out from memory ones a atkinson 8 legger flat and a couple of ERF E series cheers Flourpower.

Sounds good…

A few here from Bob Hobbs site transportphotos.com/road/photos
If you go onto this site he has around 20 photos of the Lucozade lorries but you will have to request a copy of them and he puts them up for you.These are just a sample of them for you.

Hiya,going through the cuttings box for stuff to put on the scrapbook thread I came across this,hope its of interest,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

This Crusader is at Severn Bridge Services.

Cheers Phil

Senior moment. Thought it was a Lucozade truck.

Near enough Phil,it didn’t taste much different :laughing:

Very good everybody but there’s got to be more…Must try harder…

A more recent example, taken at the East of England Show, Peterborough.

Numbum:
This Crusader is at Severn Bridge Services.

Cheers Phil

Senior moment. Thought it was a Lucozade truck.

I can remember when Corona had a warehouse at Lydney, But its a Ford dealership now. Wish I had the foresight to take photo’s in them day’s…

Didn’t Corona have a depot in Cardiff? I got a lift in a Corona artic one friday night in September 1976 from Newport up the A449 as far as Ross where the driver turned off for Hereford. It wasn’t a Crusader I’m sure,could it have been a Sed/Atki ?
There again it could have said Lucozade on the headboard,long time ago. :unamused:

Chris Webb:
Didn’t Corona have a depot in Cardiff? I got a lift in a Corona artic one friday night in September 1976 from Newport up the A449 as far as Ross where the driver turned off for Hereford. It wasn’t a Crusader I’m sure,could it have been a Sed/Atki ?
There again it could have said Lucozade on the headboard,long time ago. :unamused:

The first Corona factory was in Porth in the Rhondda valleys, they went on to establish 87 depots. They were bought by the Beecham group in 1958 and Britvic in 1987.
Neil.

The first Corona factory was in Porth in the Rhondda valleys, they went on to establish 87 depots. They were bought by the Beecham group in 1958 and Britvic in 1987.
Neil.
[/quote]
Growing up in Porth, I remember it well. And the Pop man delivering Corona Cherryade to our house every week :smiley: I can only seem to remember Corona Bedfords driving around the Rhondda :unamused:

Here you go mate…don’t know where its from, but an interesting cab :question:

hilltop4:

Very interesting cab, any idea what it is?. It’s nearly as horrible looking as an Atkinson viewline…

I am informed it is a Mammoth Major MKIII :question:

No idea why it has the look of the Millenium Falcon’s cockpit…perhaps it was a bespoke design spec by the operator?..dunno I’m afraid mate.

Forgot to mention, look closely at the steering wheel on this strange looking wagon. Does the cab have a deep dash, placing the steering wheel further back, or… is the steering wheel in the middle of the cab?

If the steering wheel is in the middle, the drivers leaning an awfully long way to see out the side window. Somebody must know, I wouldn’t think this is the only one. If it is it must have cost a bloody fortune having that amount of glass. Why would you need glass in the roof unless its the top off a coach?. Weird…

Me.Paul.101:

hilltop4:

Very interesting cab, any idea what it is?. It’s nearly as horrible looking as an Atkinson viewline…

Hiya,
This pic is also on the Chris Hodge website, it’s listed as “exotic cab on Lucozade AEC” and it’s from The Slough Commercial Vehicle Rally, 1955

Ray

Me.Paul.101:
Hi everybody, I’m after some photo’s of Lucozade trucks especially ones from the Gloucestershire area. If you have any of these I would really like to see them as I been looking for ages. It’s hard to think that such a large firm as Beecham’s at Coleford (that made the Lucozade and Ribena drinks), and no-one has any pictures of the old wagons that were constantly in and out of there. Thanks…Paul

How about this? A big power motor in its day