Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

oiltreader:

Chris Webb:
Hi Oily.
I see Hislops have a yard now at Swinton Berwickshire.Do you know if Spence Haulage from Swinton are still operating? They used to send two CF DAF artics into Wincanton Maltby every night to backload for Tesco Livingston.
Also there was a haulier on the Aberdeen ring road whose name escapes me.As you turned left near the Dee bridge and started climbing their place was on the left,red wagons IIRC and maybe had a bonded warehouse? Any idea?

Hi Chris, dunno about Spence, did a bit of googling and find they operated from Coldstream Rd Swinton, the same address for the Hislop Swinton depot. Servo88 I think has been to Hislop’s yard so he might know for sure.
I left Aberdeen in '57 so memory is vague. The only red wagons from Aberdeen that come to mind going back a bit are A & J Mair, T & M Catto fridges also Wm Walker who are still going.
Oily

Thanks Oily,It were none of them,just a company I saw when on me way to Turriff when on tanker work. Of course the name Lawson of Dyce was still going then int 70s. :smiley: