pollock scotrans

a couple I used to drive

Look for a book called Pollock-The early years 1935-1972 by Frank Richardson very good pics and story of the beginning of the firm with fleet list too. Should be available from Nynehead Books. Cheers Franky.

Here’s the book in question

When I worked for B Thompson of Moretonhampstead we would often be required to find our own backloads from Scotland and Pollocks often had tractors from the Ford plant at Bathgate (near there wasn’t it?) for the West Country.

However I had a problem; in the phone box armed with change I would ring everybody else first and if nobody had anything I would ring Pollocks. They had a lovely sounding young lady who answered the phone and when you got through she, with a bright smile and a strong Scottish accent would say ‘Pollocks’. That was me finished and I would fall laughing hysterically out of the phone box and have to try again until I could master my giggling.

Thank God you had to push button A before you either spent you 10 pence or that they could hear you - I would not have upset the lady for the World.

David

PS; who remembers all that? Find a phone box where you could park. Find another phone box where you could park that had not been vandalized. Get the right change. What a production - and the phone boxes were always cold, damp and had recently been used as a toilet. They were happy days and the mobile is a pain in the … but it does have some advantages!

Pollocks delivering at Jewsons Ponteland, Regards Larry.

B Series E.R.F

479971_10151249481437210_1352067218_n.jpg

b series erf

7116657393_069dc3b756_z[1].jpg

Most of these photos are from Brian Edgars site. Fotki.com,

Atkinson.jpg

ERF KV.jpg

Volvo.jpg

Pollock Scotrans Trucks At:
Royal Highland Show Ground Ingliston Truck Show 2016.
One in the New Temporary Livery ■■? I Think.

The new temporary livery needs to be just that, its awful! Franky.

Frankydobo:

Saturday,11th March,2017
#Pollock-#Scotrans
Pollock Scotrans
Are they really serious about this bloody awful and none-descript livery? :unamused: :unamused: If Pollock Scotrans are serious,well,it’s all about cost-cutting and saving money :unamused: -which is a terrible trend and fashion these days and a decline in standards and prestige! :unamused: :unamused: :imp:
It says ‘The Force Awakens’ just below the MAN TGX’s radiator grille…I presume that that is it’s fleetname. With that new,hopefully,temporary livey,this MAN tractive unit,R10 PSL ought to be named ‘The Force Goes Back To Sleep’ ! :unamused:

Pollock Scotrans,you are a top class road haulage transport company,with a distinctive and much-admired blue,red and white livery,which greatly adds to your prestige,image and identity - so please retain this well-established and well-loved livery. :smiley: It’s legendary :slight_smile: Seriously.

VALKYRIE

Frankydobo:

I heard these MAN Euro 6 trucks were a replacement for the Failed Euro 5 ones.
So won’t be operated for the normal length of time before being replaced.
They were stationed at the Kirkcaldy Depot.

I have just learned that Frank Richardson, photographer and author of the excellent Pollock (the early years) book, passed away recently.

I enjoyed many chats with Frank over the years, and had no idea of this very sad news.
I couldn’t see any reference to it here on TNUK, so thought I would update this thread.

A true gentleman, he will be greatly missed.

That is a shame to hear, there was hopefully maybe a second book from 1972 to the present. The book is well made up and with plenty of good photo’s from a classic period of road haulage and this iconic company in particular. Franky.

VALKYRIE:

Frankydobo:

Saturday,11th March,2017
#Pollock-#Scotrans
Pollock Scotrans
Are they really serious about this bloody awful and none-descript livery? :unamused: :unamused: If Pollock Scotrans are serious,well,it’s all about cost-cutting and saving money :unamused: -which is a terrible trend and fashion these days and a decline in standards and prestige! :unamused: :unamused: :imp:
It says ‘The Force Awakens’ just below the MAN TGX’s radiator grille…I presume that that is it’s fleetname. With that new,hopefully,temporary livey,this MAN tractive unit,R10 PSL ought to be named ‘The Force Goes Back To Sleep’ ! :unamused:

Pollock Scotrans,you are a top class road haulage transport company,with a distinctive and much-admired blue,red and white livery,which greatly adds to your prestige,image and identity - so please retain this well-established and well-loved livery. :smiley: It’s legendary :slight_smile: Seriously.

VALKYRIE

Yes so top class that they famously sacked a driver because he attended his brother’s funeral…
Great rates of pay as well apparently…-not
A great livery does not make a great company…

Hi
Has anyone got any pollock scotrans photos that they will post

thanks

Have a look on Alan Spilletts site,not pictures,but prints of Pollocks and others.
Just put this on google www.­roadscapes.­co.­uk
Cheers Dave.

seen at j29 truckstop