pollocks scotrans

Just wondering has anybody driven for these and if so what they like to work for

Turn n Burn:
Just wondering has anybody driven for these and if so what they like to work for

Put it in search mate, there are numerous threads about them (including one where the owner came on threatening everybody for telling the alleged truth about his co. :laughing: )

I thought it was a play on words Pollocks and Scotrans

montytom:
I thought it was a play on words Pollocks and Scotrans

Yeah I thought it was dyslexic racism too.

I worked for them last year through agency, I’m sure there’s a member on here that worked for them full time, mark500 rings a bell. I found them OK to work for, the job was a doddle tbh. They’d ring with a trailer number & unit, go to Blyth docks pick them up & take to Kirkcaldy, drop in their trl park & either pick one up there or go up to the Tullis Russell paper mill at Glenrothes & pick one up there. Return to Blyth, job done. This was nights & took 8-8half hrs most nights. I believe the day guy would pick up load for tip in Leeds, over to ferry bridge to load, return to Blyth. Repeat mon to fri.
I found them ok to work for, no problems with office or kit. They’re always looking because:
They give starts to new drivers, once they’ve got a bit of experience they want “something better”
The pay might not be the best, full timer I talked to was on £90 a shift, took around 8 hrs usually but if it took longer, tough.
Tramper I spoke to was on £500 a week take home but complained of getting parked up too soon too often.
As usual it depends what you’re after. My advice is the same every time, give it a go, if you don’t like it move on.