Pollocks Scotrans

Just a quickie, what can anyone tell me about Pollocks please? What are they like to work for, are they a good company, good payers etc etc?

Many thanks

I heard all fur coat and no knickers

Oh.

Just thought I would see what I could find out for himself, as he apparently now works for them :confused:

I think there is threads here on them but i know that the wages were poor up here but you get and fancy truck so some people here will support them

And they have just purchased Gilbraiths in Blackburn i think that’s where they are anyway

Wing and a prayer:
And they have just purchased Gilbraiths in Blackburn i think that’s where they are anyway

Hence my questions and my previous comment :wink:

Buying gilbraihs is a great move for them, it’s not just a road haulage firm it also has it’s own railhead facilty

But is it going to be good for the Gilbraith drivers?

Do they inherit the most ignorant ponytail wearing weirdo forklift driver in all of christendom?

Friday 7th February 2014, Pollock (Scotrans) Ltd, one of Scotland’s leading independent transport companies for more than 75 years, acquired the entire share capital of Gilbraith (TS) Ltd based in Blackburn, Lancashire for an undisclosed seven figure sum. As a logistics provider of general haulage, warehousing, distribution and logistics solutions for businesses, Pollock also supplies bespoke services in the private and public sector.
Gilbraith (TS) Ltd extends the Pollock (Scotrans) Ltd by offering a North West of England based facility from Lancashire. An additional facet of the Gilbraith operation is its capability to handle traditional rail freight with its extensive rail-connected warehousing facility.
Scott & Fraser Pollock, Joint Managing Director of Pollocks (Scotrans) Ltd, told us, “We are delighted to acquire Gilbraiths, a well-respected family owned transport company in the North West of England. It is a strategic acquisition which allows Pollocks to have two transport hubs one in Bathgate (Scotland) and the other in Blackburn (Lancashire). There will be great synergies between both operations”.
Funding for the deal is being provided by The Royal Bank of Scotland. National firm Haines Watts and commercial lawyers Davidson Chalmers are advising Pollocks. Gilbraiths’ advisors are business lawyers Taylors Solicitors and the independent firm of Chartered Accountants Cowgill Holloway.
The combined groups turnover will now be in excess of £25m. Four Directors of Pollocks (Scotrans) Ltd will be joining the board of Gilbraiths: Fraser Pollock, Scott Pollock, Harry Mulvey and Mark Jackso

nearly there:
I heard all fur coat and no knickers

:lol:

Wages are a disgrace and the holiday pay is worse!
Fancy new truck and decent work but that won’t pay the bills £480 to £500 is the average take home for running off lunchtime Sunday-Friday lunchtime with 5 nights out…
Also trying to book a holiday is difficult bordering on impossible! They just keep blocking days you want…
All the above is fact and not [zb].

tet:
Wages are a disgrace and the holiday pay is worse!
Fancy new truck and decent work but that won’t pay the bills £480 to £500 is the average take home for running off lunchtime Sunday-Friday lunchtime with 5 nights out…
Also trying to book a holiday is difficult bordering on impossible! They just keep blocking days you want…All the above is fact and not [zb].

do you work out of Warrington, Calvert road? :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Didnt someone from Pollocks come on here a year or 2 ago trying to deny alot of what was being said about the company on here??

They have been told that things will carry on as they were for now. Not hearing an awful to be honest at the moment.

selby newcomer:
Didnt someone from Pollocks come on here a year or 2 ago trying to deny alot of what was being said about the company on here??

I think it was the boss man.

selby newcomer:

fraser :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

I forgot about that crack pot

No, but I was Based at a depot in the north of England.
The job was easy, never pushed and the kit was decent. I was only with them about 4 months as it was just a fill in til something better turned up.
Another little trick they have is if you have a bump and you can’t prove it’s not your fault they will deduct it from your wages! Again, it’s true cause I’ve seen it on lads payslips!
You won’t be surprised to know they had a high turnover at the depot I was at.

Are the drivers at Pollocks on minimum wage yet??
Two drivers at Palletways hub at Lichfield said the same about unproven accident damage!
Obviously don’t have proper insurance cover and need a visit from Vosa! :wink: