Pollock (scotrans)

Morning all does anyone know what they’re like? Pay conditions ect looking at working out of the bathgate yard? Cheers in advance

Pay is poverty line but don’t let the gaffer know I said so or he’ll be on here ripping me a new ■■■■■■■■!

digbydog99:
Morning all does anyone know what they’re like? Pay conditions ect looking at working out of the bathgate yard? Cheers in advance

Do a search on here for them there’s a fair bit written on the subject but it’s not all good reading i’m afraid.

Last time people gave their opinion on pollock, scott pollock came on this board threatening to sue everyone :laughing:

All im saying is if a relative dies, your son,brother,mother you know someone close and your told if you take a day off for the funeral you’re getting sacked, is that the kinda company you want to work for?

And that story is a fact as it went to court and the driver won!!

They’re always advertising up here. Should that not tell you something?

Thanks lads for your replies I think I may just give it a miss cheers

remember one of theirs coming into our yard when I worked for stobarts. thought he was delivering, but no he was after a job said he has had enough of pollocks :slight_smile:

Haven’t they just bought Gilbraiths

[tongue in cheek mode] On the plus side you’ll get a nice shiney fh with bells and whistles, you won’t be able to use the microwave because you can’t afford to feed yourself. [/tongue in cheek mode]

Loads of theirs parked up in Truckhaven every night and on a weekend I believe so they must have a few English lads working for them who live around Lancashire and that area?

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
Loads of theirs parked up in Truckhaven every night and on a weekend I believe so they must have a few English lads working for them who live around Lancashire and that area?

They have a few parked there as they cannot find enough people desperate enough to work for them. Know a guy who does and the shi*t they get up to is nothing short of disgusting. I’ll not post it public but if anyone is interested enough PM me and I’ll let you know.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

depots at Warrington and leeds :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

A lad I knew went to them in leeds said they were no worse than the other general firms in the area…

We should have a “Like” Button :wink:

Judging by the general consensus on the subject. I am surprised nobody has ever flipped the ‘P’ into a ‘b’ and added a ‘S’ at the end of the company name? :stuck_out_tongue:

Batmann:
Judging by the general consensus on the subject. I am surprised nobody has ever flipped the ‘P’ into a ‘b’ and added a ‘S’ at the end of the company name? :stuck_out_tongue:

believe me a few have lol even office staff at bookers goods in used to call them bollock scotrash

OK chaps, no names, no pack drill… I’ve just had to remove a post and some replies because they contained some fairly serious allegations.

It’s not that TN doesn’t believe it, it’s just that it would be extremely unfair and one-sided if it were allowed to stay, then there’s the possibility that somebody (including TN) could be sued.

:bulb: In the interests of fairness, such a post would be removed in exactly the same way if a boss came on and posted potentially serious stuff about a driver.

For those interested in naming, shaming and dishing dirt, that type of subject is best discussed by PMs, so if anybody wants to exchange such detail, then PLEASE invite discussion by PMs.

I would like to start by saying these were not allegations its the truth.but fair play sorry

jossk1990:
I would like to start by saying these were not allegations its the truth.but fair play sorry

Hi jossk1990,

No problem mate, cos no damage has been done. :wink:

The chaps can PM you, then you can discuss it quite freely in private without anybody having to watch out for lurking lawyers. :open_mouth:

We have to watch out for lawyers, cos they lurk. :laughing: :wink:

Then there’s always the possibility of a [zb] who might not have posted but then phones the boss just so he can watch the entertainment. :angry:

they are using a hell of a lot of agency drivers just now. i can understand that with retail deliveries but not with their sector. they wont pay enough to get me in there again. whatever they offered it wouldnt be enough :laughing: