Pollock Scotrans & Grampian Maclennans

Anyone got any info on what either of these two are like to work for? What kind of loads/tips etc
Ta

i worked for grampian maclennans about 12 years ago when they had a yard in fordoun near laurencekirk, the loads were mainly coca cola, paper, and food products, i was there for just over 3 years, used to bring my truck home to leeds on a weekend and load out of coca cola at wakefield, loved the job, and grampian maclennans is one of only a handful of companies that i have worked for that i would go back to

I noticed this morning that Pollock has two top of the range 62 plate Actros’s sitting at Merc dealership in Bellshill, seem to have changed their old livery slightly, but i must say they look very smart,things can’t be too bad out Bathgate way.

Well Grampians base a handful of motors out of the fleece at j42 and pollock in Haltwhistle. Spoke to a driver lastnight from Gordon Leslie who said Grampians would be the best bet.

Spoke to a Pollocks driver last week , couldn’t believe the wages :open_mouth:

I wouldn’t go there if you wanna get rich quick ! Maybe they spend all the money on smart lorries and don’t really care about who actually does the work that makes the company profits :wink: :wink:

shade:
Spoke to a Pollocks driver last week , couldn’t believe the wages :open_mouth: I wouldn’t go there if you wanna get rich quick ! Maybe they spend all the money on smart lorries and don’t really care about who actually does the work that makes the company profits :wink: :wink:

We used to say " ALL FLASH, NO CASH! :grimacing: " but Fraser might come back on again! :open_mouth: :sunglasses: PARANOID! :unamused: :bulb: :question: WAIT OUT! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Pollock’s is general curtain sider haulage, paper, packaging & empty pallets heading south, beer, reels, timber mainly when coming north. Grampian are always looking for 4on 4off at dundee, milk run, older guys seem to like it, younger guys don’t last too long as your starting at 10.00pm at night thru to 11.00am next day, wages not too great at either ;