F88 UAG 999R Restored

Boxing Day 2011// Finally been able to start getting my (new to me ) trailer ready for the road, alot of work to do but had my brother & nephew to help for a few days, got all the chassis sorted and the back axle back on,now started painting chassis with red oxide, then to start and build living accommodation into the swan neck so still alot to do and little time to do it in before the start of next seasons rallys & truckfests. :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

:sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Hi Yorkyjoy how the new living van coming on and is the stepframe for sale ?

Hi Phil, work on converting big trailer been a bit slow due to work commitments but it is still ongoing, got all the things we need from an old caravan so it’s just a case of rebuilding it. Do not know what I am doing with the small stepframe trailer yet, that will be decided when I get the big one one the road, looking to have it ready by the end of Aug ready to go to the Great Dorset Steam Fair. :sunglasses: :unamused:

you planning on cutting some windows into it too?

LeeJ:
you planning on cutting some windows into it too?

Yes windows will be going in but it probably be one of the last jobs, hides all the things inside as it is. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Peterborough Truckfest 2012. UAG999R first went back on the road in 2009 and it’s first outing was to the Peterborough T/F where it was the only F88 on site, 3 years is not long but just LOOK at the F88 turn out now, some great looking trucks, makes you wonder where they keep turning up from but with luck many more will be restored and put back onto the road. :smiley: :smiley:

s807.photobucket.com/albums/yy36 … 012031.jpg

Trouble is when I go to the shows the living accomadation in my new trailer does not get done, so will have to make an effort to get it finished. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: Mike Joy

is it just me, or do those Silver Grilled 88’s look the business, they just look the part.

Great read, waiting for more of the trailer now.
That’s some great work you have done and are still doing, and great to see a nice motor saved and looking so good.
All the best,
Streaky.

Wheel Nut.
Is that the same Steve Whitaker that lived in Rawcliffe. I have looked at his picture and because I look the same as I did 40 years ago Steve seems to have aged and I can’t recognise him.
Cliff

Wheel Nut:

yorkyjoy:
Steve Whitaker took UAG to see David Chantry at there Newsholme farm , he says when we have had enough of the green livery he would like to see it painted back in Chantry colours.I think he may have a little time to wait yet. :wink:

it depends if he is willing to pay to see it :stuck_out_tongue:

The Chantry family are fairly well heeled for poor farmers. :stuck_out_tongue:

Is Lewis still alive?

Wheel nut yes I am the same Steve that lived at Rawcliffe what is your propper name

Anyone who has not seen UAG up close and in the flesh come to the Howden Show at the Ashes Playing Fields on the 1st July 2012 and it will be their along with some more local restored lorries.

Steve Whitaker in UAG 999R.

Hi Steve
I am Cliff Carl and lived on Station Road but married and moved to Bolton, then my Mother (Elsie) moved to Cuckoo Park but sadly she passed away 2 years ago. I used to park on the site where the new village hall is built when I was visiting her in Rawcliffe and park on Woodside when she moved to Cuckoo park. I drove for MAT then out of Trafford Park.
Cliff

srwhitaker:
Anyone who has not seen UAG up close and in the flesh come to the Howden Show at the Ashes Playing Fields on the 1st July 2012 and it will be their along with some more local restored lorries.

Trailer Conversion.

At this point we ran out of time getting it ready to go to Honiton & the Great Dorset Steam Fair Aug Bank Holiday, still alot to do but it is usable. will have to finish it off when we get home.

What a shame to paint such a nice truck in such bloody awful colours. Crow.

geoffthecrowtaylor:
What a shame to paint such a nice truck in such bloody awful colours. Crow.

Thanks for your comments geoffthecrowtaylor, will take note when it’s time for a repaint. ( PS what colour is your truck )

Yorkyjoy look on the Astran Middle east drivers thread from 145 to 166 the blue and white F88s and89s are ours regards Crow.and the yellow and dark blue F89 and88.

Honiton Mud, had to be towed on & off the site but it did stay dry during the day.

Maybe these are the colours the CROW is crowing on about…