John Mann International.

any one got any photos of john manns stratos my mate bought one reg gxxx jky cant remember the numbers he had it rite upto 2004 doing bradford to isle of white 2 a week for magnet kitchins never once broke down it was in manns livery upto 01 got painted in magnets blue red bumpers silver wheels

Y111RDF:

fly sheet:
A
A well known hang out.Marrakesh bound.

Hi Fly Sheet,

Here is P333RDF when just delivered to Ralph Davies. She was named Lady Heather, as many will know Heather runs the canteen at Ralph’s.

The FH6 had just towed a F back from Germany with engine issues.

Do you still own it?

Cheers

Did John Cooper come from Warrington I,m sure I,ve seen a photo of his truck in a yard in Warrington. The photo was taken down in Latchford near the Manchester Ship Canal. What is Mr Cooper doing now is he still in Warrington ■■?

Ay up Boatchaser, I’m sat in Warrington writing this & I now run this.

Its a Volvo thing…

Hi Lads…
I used to see a lot of the John Mann drivers when i ran Spain for a few years … first for PC COOK of Northampton then for Carrington Dist… of Northampton
There was some top drivers on for John Mann. The one trip i remember is where a Coloured/black driver … not sure what is political correct way to say it lol … think he was called Rastas … was always getting pulled by Custom’s when he shipped back into Portsmouth …Anyway on this trip he was coming down with a cold and was washing is medicine down with a drop of rum !!!when a passenger followed him back in the drivers room and sat down to eat
when he was asked to leave because he was not a freight driver … he took one look at Rastas and said why should i leave when he is aloud to eat in here …We all just sat there opened mouthed … then rastas just looked at him and said because i am Special we all just laughed… One of the drives said it was a good thing Rastas had a cold otherwise he would have knocked the ■■■■ out … turned out the bloke was having a break down … but was still put under ships arrest …
As i said there was some real good blokes on there Anyone remember a bloke who i think worked for Breda transport called Metal micky … used to wear some big glasses …

Was there a guy work for John Mann called Dave Kite?.

scaniaontheroad:

Dave Kite was the manager at JMI when u subbed for them, decent fair bloke I found him to be, I believe he’s back driving over in Canada now.

scaniaontheroad:

Dave Kite was still driving when I went over, he was running uniforms to & from Maroc / Gibralter for the first gulf war, a lot of Flag beer passed our lips that month :stuck_out_tongue:

He was a great bloke and used to work at Chris Brearleys

Wheel Nut:

scaniaontheroad:

Dave Kite was still driving when I went over, he was running uniforms to & from Maroc / Gibralter for the first gulf war, a lot of Flag beer passed our lips that month :stuck_out_tongue:

He was a great bloke and used to work at Chris Brearleys

I worked with him here in Canada about 3 years ago,but lost touch with him,great fella,salt of the earth!!

cockney:
Hi Lads…
I used to see a lot of the John Mann drivers when i ran Spain for a few years … first for PC COOK of Northampton then for Carrington Dist… of Northampton
There was some top drivers on for John Mann. The one trip i remember is where a Coloured/black driver … not sure what is political correct way to say it lol … think he was called Rastas … was always getting pulled by Custom’s when he shipped back into Portsmouth …Anyway on this trip he was coming down with a cold and was washing is medicine down with a drop of rum !!!when a passenger followed him back in the drivers room and sat down to eat
As i said there was some real good blokes on there Anyone remember a bloke who i think worked for Breda transport called Metal micky … used to wear some big glasses …

Rastas name was Brian. He had a way with the gals but came to a kinda sticky end in Portsmouth. He shacked up with a gal ,had a child ,got a council house & did a pseudo-disappearing act,coming home between trips. Found himelf another gal did the same thing- only one problem the new house was only a few doors from wife No;#1 . They met & Brian had to exit left :smiley: He got dropped from Manns about the same time.
In Tangiers Rastas never paid for taxis -they thought he was a holy man with his dreadlocks.
Metal Mickey married & had a baby with a Maroc Gal. He wrote off an FH12 in fog with the whole family in the cab. Micks trade was cooking & when Breda packed up he bought an old bus turned it into caff & living quarters & parked it in a layby near Reading & never heard of again.

Run with rastas (brian) many times whilst he was on for rh from nottingham and later jan de rijk a true gent last i heard of him he was living in spain and working for a firm almeria way i think it was.

Steve Rogers:
Run with rastas (brian) many times whilst he was on for rh from nottingham and later jan de rijk a true gent last i heard of him he was living in spain and working for a firm almeria way i think it was.

I used to see a lot John Mann drivers on the “Pride of Bilbao” on a Saturday night from Pompey .One guy I knew quite well, think his name was Chris, originally hailed from Barnsley and had previously worked for Ken Lane from Retford on livestock export. I was driving for Sun Valley at the time anyone remember him?

Sorry dont want to drag up an old thread but i must have missed this in my absence I ran once or twice with Steve when he had that Iveco often stopping off at Belin (sp) truck stop. A couple of people i remember are Chicken George and Steve from Bergan, whom i worked for, his partner at the time passed away and he was still out driving. Rumo Ron and Space Cadet are other names that ring a bell too.

The BP at Belin is not so good,there is a bigger Andumar truck stop half a mile down the road,drivers menu,bag house nearby.

toby1234abc:
The BP at Belin is not so good,there is a bigger Andumar truck stop half a mile down the road,drivers menu,bag house nearby.

I dont doubt there is

I used to hear the Northern drivers talking about ‘Bag Houses’ & used to think they were importing leather goods.

harry:
I used to hear the Northern drivers talking about ‘Bag Houses’ & used to think they were importing leather goods.

plenty of old leather goods inside :grimacing:

You got what you paid for.

harry:
You got what you paid for.

and sometimes abit more :grimacing:

Bag houses in the 90`s were better than today,you could strike up a friendship and arrange to meet them on their day off,with no extra charges.Was strange how there was never that many Spanish working in them,mainly South Americans,now it is more eastern Europeans and Russians.

Hi Little Legs, how is it going, read that you are still running Moroc?. Who is now helping you change your trailer wheels. Really sad to hear about Jogger John, One Great Guy. Do you ever hear about Wombble, Dusty Millar, Geordie Pete, Chubby Brown, who I believe went to drive for Preston of Potto?. Who was the Scottish chap who subbied for Manno. He had a black Magnum. lorry 1. Nearly forgot the Milkman, remembered we were gassed in France. Good to see a photo of Cornish John.