John Mann International.

smallwheeler:
Hi Little Legs, how is it going, read that you are still running Moroc?. Who is now helping you change your trailer wheels. Really sad to hear about Jogger John, One Great Guy. Do you ever hear about Wombble, Dusty Millar, Geordie Pete, Chubby Brown, who I believe went to drive for Preston of Potto?. Who was the Scottish chap who subbied for Manno. He had a black Magnum. lorry 1. Nearly forgot the Milkman, remembered we were gassed in France. Good to see a photo of Cornish John.

L10 RRY Was it Dan Fisher :question: :question:

Steve

Thanks Steve, yes that was the guy. Dan Fisher. Dan, I am sure lived in Reading, do you know his whereabouts now?

scottish pete:
Thanks Steve, yes that was the guy. Dan Fisher. Dan, I am sure lived in Reading, do you know his whereabouts now?

Danny Fisher (or Mr Angry as he was sometimes called) did indeed live in the Reading area…Tilehurst to be exact. As far as I know he retired and moved to Crete. That would have been since 2008 which is the last time I was in the UK and was supposed to go to a BBQ he was having that summer but didn’t make it.

Thanks for that Ron, never heard him called Mr Angry, amazing what you learn on this site. Do you hear from him now?. How are you, have you retired or working abroad

It is with great regret that I inform you of the death of Jeff Banks (banksy). A great character and comedian who will be sadly missed. R.I.P. .

Sorry to hear of this news. I too pulled for Manno for a short period (see below) on Morocco work. Robert

not an ex mano driver but know one or two who were or said they were, Steve Floyd, Ronnie Barnes, John Gale, Stuart F Carradice. theyre all over here in Canada think Floydy was the only mano driver others were subbies

Rumo Ron used to work for bergans

Spacemonkeypg:
Rumo Ron used to work for bergans

Bergens did Morocco too (see pic below, I took in Tangiers). BTW there’s lots more Manno stuff on my ‘North Africa work’ thread :wink: Robert :slight_smile:

I, i know i used to drive for Bergans i drove the 6 wheel volvo

What were the reasons for JMI to stop going to Morocco?How many trucks did they used to have at the peak?Did any drivers rent cheap flats in Morocco,to have time off or wait for customs to clear the load?Did any marry or live with the locals and not come back to the UK?

I think they had about 90 trailers at their peak.Loads of us had flats down there,Stevie Whithers is still down there working for Davis turner as far as I know.

Where is that fat ■■■■■■■ called snowman who nicked my 50 quid?

A few pic’s from when my old man used to drive for them upto 2002. He was laid off, frommemory the company was selling off a load of the fleet. There is another topic on here under the same theme, which is a lot more detailed…

JMI was taken over by HV Logistics (subsidary of Jan Verhaegh Netherlands). HV Logistics entered the UK to Morocco market by taking over the international business from DTS Logistics.

roadtransport.com/Articles/2 … -down.html

The above mentioned link explains that HV Logistics went under and took JMI with them.

JMI favourite parking @ Buchnadel Toe Tapper on the right. Will add some more pics when I’ve got 5.

Used to see the DAF 95 with Africa etc on the cab pulling a TNT box regular on Bumpers lane Chester

these two are deffo gay!!!

:grimacing: Toe Tapper just after being gassed :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :grimacing: