John Mann International/JMI

Any old John Mann drivers on here? I worked on there in the 90’s. Great job. In fact the best job I ever had and everything since has been a disappointment by comparison. :cry:
Anyone remember the firework fights in Tangier port with the 40d for a pack of 12 rockets? :laughing: :laughing:
Or the baby chicks running around the floor chasing flies in Kenitra truck stop? :unamused: :unamused:
The Marco Polo and night clubs overflowing with crumpet? Who could forget? :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:
The water being turned off during the droughts? :blush:
The Spanish fishing dispute? :imp:
The hotel and 24hr bus ride to Marseille? :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
You going to the reunion do? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Anyone got any photos, I never had a camera? :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

berewic:
Any old John Mann drivers on here? I worked on there in the 90’s. Great job. In fact the best job I ever had and everything since has been a disappointment by comparison. :cry:
Anyone remember the firework fights in Tangier port with the 40d for a pack of 12 rockets? :laughing: :laughing:
Or the baby chicks running around the floor chasing flies in Kenitra truck stop? :unamused: :unamused:
The Marco Polo and night clubs overflowing with crumpet? Who could forget? :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:
The water being turned off during the droughts? :blush:
The Spanish fishing dispute? :imp:
The hotel and 24hr bus ride to Marseille? :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
You going to the reunion do? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

There was a load of John Mann pics posted on here not so long ago, now with the super new site the search is crap and brings up no matches :imp:
hope someone can find a way of pointing you in the right direction to fine them

As the chap just said, the bizzarre format may make it difficult to find - I’m struggling to navigate my way around. :imp: Then again, I am useless with I.T.!

These have been posted before, but what the hell. Hope they bring back some memories. My dad drove for them 2002-2002. Some pics taken whilst en-route, some from their depot in Sleaford by me.

Regards, Chris.

Thanks for the photos Chris. I had left before these were taken. It certainly brings back memories though.

Were those pics taken in the Heckington base?
I was running, as TM for Toray, rolls of fabric into that depot in the early 90s and personally as a driver between 1996 and 1999. A great bunch of lads in the warehouse bossed by Big John who later, after seeking my advice on the switch, himself also returned to the road. Firstly with them and later with a former employer, Denby’s.
Met him by chance in a routier south of Paris a few years later.

John & the Missus ;Got a baby now & living happily in Lincs.

There is a re-union at the end of March of all the old Maroc lads ; Manno’s Breda DTS ,etc ; Its at the Premier Hotel outside Derby .

harry:

There is a re-union at the end of March of all the old Maroc lads ; Manno’s Breda DTS ,etc ; Its at the Premier Hotel outside Derby .

John & missus looks suspiciously like Richard & misses to me. What happened with the Spanish villa?

Those were taken (other than the sunny ones!) at the new depot in Sleaford - the Heckington depot was still running at the time. Those pics were taken just before new year, 2001.

berewic:
John & missus looks suspiciously like Richard & misses to me.

Glad you said that Berewic, didn’t look much like John to me, but I don’t like to be controversial. :unamused: :laughing:

Could never remember his name but it said john on the side of the truck & he never complained. As for the Spanish villa ,I think its spelled with Scun these days now that the Costas have become so unfashionable. Good thing is ,they are still together which is a miracle in the trucking game.

[/quote]
John & missus looks suspiciously like Richard & misses to me. What happened with the Spanish villa?
[/quote]

[/quote]
There was a load of John Mann pics posted on here not so long ago, now with the super new site the search is crap and brings up no matches :imp:
hope someone can find a way of pointing you in the right direction to fine them
[/quote]
Thanks nianiamh
I’m thinking maybe the stuff that was posted before they changed the site is lost on search, where as the stuff after isn’t. Before I posted this, nothing came up under John Mann or any other key words I tried, now the only thing that does is this post or nothing. I have tried blindly clicking on photo posts but gave up 'cos this site is huge.

I take it your going to the do then Harry, if you know about it. I went last year but didn’t make the dinner due to starting celebrations too early. I had come straight from work Sat morning, knackered, had a couple of pints and went for a bath and a quick kip. Didn’t wake up till gone 23.00hrs, thought Oh sh*t, too late now and went back to sleep. :blush:
Breakfast was nice though. :smiley:

berewic:
I take it your going to the do then Harry, if you know about it. I went last year but didn’t make the dinner due to starting celebrations too early. I had come straight from work Sat morning, knackered, had a couple of pints and went for a bath and a quick kip. Didn’t wake up till gone 23.00hrs, thought Oh sh*t, too late now and went back to sleep. :blush:
Breakfast was nice though. :smiley:

Its 90% I will be there. Pity you slept thru it. It was a good night . They bring their wives now who get a bit confused about who is who & what its all about .One or two think ( hope? ) its a wife swapping thing ? But its good to see the old faces where you can relax & don’t have to read your CV out . I had forgotten what a good old bunch of lads were on that run compared to the ( 85% ) brain dead on containers that I ended up on.
Re ; sleep. I shared my room with a guy who snored aaaaaaalll night ,so at breakfast I was too tired to eat.
Its a good craik .
Bit surprised when we were about to start dinner & Malcolm announced it was in honour of a driver I had never met who had who ha contracted leukemia & had just weeks to live. RIP . Poor old guy died shortly afterwards.
Think we should have the next one down here in Thailand .Leave them wives at home ,we got enough gals down here already !! LOL
PS. Its starting to get hot here ,over 30C ;I have had the balcony windows open since October .

I just got laid off of the containers. The money was great. I was home almost every day, often as early as 3pm. I hated it. A horrible job and as boring as hell. The traffic op’s were all ars*holes. More queing and waiting than driving. All short distance and only went above the M62 once.
I’m looking for work doing Eastern Europe, Russia, Greece but every where is laying off and hundreds are going for every job. Last month a firm advertised, I phoned up a few days after applying to see what was happening. The lady on the phone said they had over two hundred app’s for one job and the man hadn’t had time to look at any yet.

I Worked for a bloke nr Spalding for a few years before that on the Westerman draw-bar job. That was good but they got undercut by the East Europeans and that was that.

What are you doing in Thailand, you live there now?
Jammy bas’d.

Got weekended with a JMI subbie he had a red scania think his name was paul remember him telling me he lived in morrocco and used to do some work on the film sets out there, did many of the JMI guys live out there?

Steve Rogers:
Got weekended with a JMI subbie he had a red scania think his name was paul remember him telling me he lived in morrocco and used to do some work on the film sets out there, did many of the JMI guys live out there?

Captain Gadget had a red scanny & lived near Bordeaux .Also knocking off the bint from Breda.

What are you doing in Thailand, you live there now?
Jammy bas’d.

berewic

• Private message

Only spend the winter here. I will have to post a few snaps of my gals. Going to a Moto bike rally tomorrow with this beautiful biker chick .They come there from all over Asia on their Harleys .

PS. Thanks for the help ,Rikki .

stravaiger:
Here was one of yours from when you made regular visits to Netherton, Wishaw, taking football strips to ? Turkey for
finishing and return to Wishaw.Taken around 5 years ago.

That looks familiar, I reckon we delivered the rolls into there as well.
With this.