Help wanted any info on this Scania 141

How’s the scania coking on mate

The steel work of the donor cab is just about finnished and ready for painting. Then we have to fit all the interior including the wireing loom. then it’s just a case of dropping it on the chassis after we have shotblasted it. Out for Christmas? Not this one but maybe this summer. :smiley:

The Heavy Mob:
The steel work of the donor cab is just about finnished and ready for painting. Then we have to fit all the interior including the wireing loom. then it’s just a case of dropping it on the chassis after we have shotblasted it. Out for Christmas? Not this one but maybe this summer. :smiley:

Have you got Any photos you could post ■■ Where did you manage to find a doner 141 all the best

I also have seen this truck behind the big gates as i also live not far from its old hidding place , i was told by a local that knows the truck it used to be ownd by an italian guy who used to bring leather shoe’s in from italy with it if thats true or not ive no idea :blush: i was also told it had lots of pairs of ladys under garments fastend to the head liner :question:

cortinapaul:
I also have seen this truck behind the big gates as i also live not far from its old hidding place , i was told by a local that knows the truck it used to be ownd by an italian guy who used to bring leather shoe’s in from italy with it if thats true or not ive no idea :blush: i was also told it had lots of pairs of ladys under garments fastend to the head liner :question:

hello cortina paul - is this the one that was square wheeled for yonks near the eastern pearl? I often thought it might have originally belonged to Whittles or Bowkers but the number looks like it could have been ex Bradys (you may recall there were a few one man band outfits that used to park their motors behind, what is now Maccies on Winwick Road and I’m wondering if this was one of them (I can’t wait to see the finished product btw)

hayday:

cortinapaul:

hello cortina paul - is this the one that was square wheeled for yonks near the eastern pearl? I often thought it might have originally belonged to Whittles or Bowkers but the number looks like it could have been ex Bradys (you may recall there were a few one man band outfits that used to park their motors behind, what is now Maccies on Winwick Road and I’m wondering if this was one of them (I can’t wait to see the finished product btw)

…and I’ve just had a thought. There’s a member on here (flysheet) who knew most people involved in the Warrington area - I’m pretty sure he could throw some light on its past

Hiya Keith…in one of the scania photo.s you can see a old ERF!!!.is that the one don morgan
from Goostrey had…it was sold with a kv cab but i was told it was to have a proper cab fitted.
cheers John

3300John:
Hiya Keith…in one of the scania photo.s you can see a old ERF!!!.is that the one don morgan
from Goostrey had…it was sold with a kv cab but i was told it was to have a proper cab fitted.
cheers John

Hi boys
John it took you lot a long time to spot them two ERFs :smiley: :smiley: I think they have something to do with the Hackney family but not sure. I will message Robert (The heavy mob) and get him to fill in the details.

Regards Keith

whooshwhoosh:
:shock: at last!for years ive driven past the steel gates hidin that scannie!only the hideous pod visible…in that part of warrington,its done well to last as long as it has!
good look with restoration…a few pics showin progress? :smiley:

Am i right in thinking it was in a part of warrington near to a mini roundabout near to some shops, Dallam if i,m right and it must have been there for years

dessert driver:

3300John:
cheers John

Hi boys
John it took you lot a long time to spot them two ERFs :smiley: :smiley: I think they have something to do with the Hackney family but not sure. I will message Robert (The heavy mob) and get him to fill in the details.

Hiya keith…hackney always had a verey smart fleet of ERF’s plus a 1418 merc if i recall.
i didn’t notice the kv untill i looked hard. well i am in spain at the moment and had to squint as
its quite a distance to see at my age…have a good time over the next week.
maybe catch up next year.
Cheers John

Have we got any news on how this project is going or even better some photos of how it looks now

Boatchaser:
Have we got any news on how this project is going or even better some photos of how it looks now

Hi boys
I have seen my brother over Christmas but didn’t have my camera. He said when he gets a minute he will post some photos. It’s slow going but has nearly finished a doner cab as the original was too far gone :frowning: :frowning:

Regards Keith

dessert driver:

Boatchaser:

Hi boys
I have seen my brother over Christmas but didn’t have my camera. He said when he gets a minute he will post some photos. It’s slow going but has nearly finished a doner cab as the original was too far gone :frowning: :frowning:

Regards Keith

How’s the refurb comin on photos please

Hi can anyone help with info about this 141. My brother (The Heavey Mob) has just brought it off Stephen Price from Warrington. he told him that he used to do Turkey in it. Apparently the cab was converted in Liverpool.

It looks as if he has got his work cut out with all that rust :exclamation: :exclamation:
Regards Keith.

Have you got any pictures or know the Registration?

Andy

It’s KRM 375 W
The chassis only wants sandblasting and painting but the cab wants just about all the pannels repairing or replacing so if anyone knows of any new pannels please PM me.
Cheers Robert

Hi
I hope that hideous roof conversion will be done away with.
Is it a double drive unit , or has a tag axle been fitted at some stage ?
Jerry

Not the one I was thinking of. Sorry.

truckphotos4sale.albumpost.com/England/GB655

Hi Jerry
I know what you meen about the cab, but it has been done quite professionally and looks good inside with loads of space and good lockers.However Robert said he is looking to put the cab back to origanal and paint it in the same family colours that our old 141s used to be in.
It has had a Granning rear lift and sliding table fitted at some time.
Robert please take some more photos and either post them on here or send them to me and i will post them for you.

Regards Keith.

The RM registration means it came from ■■■■■■■ originally.