scania 141 project

does anybody know where i can get cab parts and trim bits for a 1978 141 thanks T

Hello and welcome Tony. Where are you based?

Have you got some photos of your truck to post on here?

I’m sure the boys on here will help you all they can, in the meantime this thread may be useful to you:

Also this thread started as an appeal for parts for my friends Volvo F89 but also includes some 141 resto pics.

Good luck, Neil [Scania 142 owner]

Hello
Im not experienced in things like this as I only build model trucks. Here is a link to a company that restore Scania LBs. There is a chance they may have some parts.
leobol.nl/restored1.htm

A british Fleet called Murdock has restored some scanias, they may be able to give you some sources, here is link showing a nice restoration on one of their fleet.
toprun.ch/truck/2009-01/am/

There also is Charles Russell. He has restored a beautiful 1972 Scania LB to an original spec, he may be able to help you. heres a link to his haulage firm
russell-transport.com/

Other than that i recommend keeping an eye on the advertisments in the back of Classic Commercials magazine and on Ebay

Hope this helps good luck with the LB
James

Regular Ebay searching helps too, look whats on there now…

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SCANIA-141-LORRY-TRUCK-BADGES-COLLECTORS-/220924985881?pt=UK_Car_Parts_Vehicles_Automobila_ET&hash=item337027c219

Alright Tony, I’m new on here too!!
I would also recommend Leobol in the Netherlands.
I have seen some of his work listed on his web site and I believe his prices are reasonable.
It would be good to see some images of this 141 in its current state and then update as the project progresses.
Best regards
Pj

Hi tony,
I spoke to a friend who restored one in 2004. He is going to have a look around to see if he has any bits left?
Have you managed to get some images yet. It would be good to see the work needed.
All the best
PJ

Try Peter Gilder at Bourton on the Water in Gloucestershire

BB

If you want parts / panels your best to speak to the Dutch men.
www.vandijkcommerces.nl
www.leobol.nl

You can also try ringing Ashley Pearce, he restored my 141 (now in Gunnings Motors colours), also he did Bartletts 6x4 141 - 07748 108372.

I also have for sale myself some roof racks withwooden inserts and left hand side cab ladders if your interested.