Old Firms in Oxford Area

HRS:

Andrew Morrison:

HRS:

Andrew Morrison:
This one just for you HRS don’t know if this was anything to do with you it was supplied by Meachers Southampton J94JTR as a seed motor??
Cheers Andrew0

Yes indeed Andrew, happy days eh !! After that came two EC motors with Drum blowing gear for the big sow tankers but they did not turn out well for them and they changed marks, poss Scania.
From memory I think I recomended the 14 litre engine and they went for the 10 litre and suffered due to fuel and the power. I could be wrong but that is how I remember it.
Thanks for the Pic, very thoughtfull of you. cheers, Harvey

Hi Hrs Cannons also trialed a Foden with same spec as J94JTR ie ■■■■■■■ 325 engine,Eaton twin splittter gearbox & Rockwell axles I think the Foden didn’t fair well compared to the erf so ended up with about 10 erf ec’s with blowers but none of these in my opinion were as good as the Volvo fl10’s we had doing same work.
Cheers Andrew

Hi

Great pic’s, thanks.
I think you are right about the FL10.
When you are dealing with a company that was built up by a “driver” it was so much easier to recomend a “spec” take Buzzer on this forum in Southampton, he knew what was right regardless of what was on offer.
When you deal with an Accountant to a great degree you are offering some form of comprimise and in my time I have walked away from a deal because I would not comprimise the vehicle with what I believe was the wrong spec. ERF was fantastic for offering a huge spec, engine, gearbox, suspention, axle ratio, configuration etc but NEVER to an accountant.
Also, not many considdered " blowing time !!! " take care mate Harvey
PS KL commercials was the dealer under Meachers Transport.

Yes mate very true unfortunately Cannons accountants on transport side never were the best at listening to recommendations lol