Looking for an old boss from Mansfield

Hi, a long shot but I have exhausted all other avenues to find my old boss and mate, I am looking for Malcolm Watson from Mansfield, I used to work for him driving to the Middle East running for Redcliffe Roadways of Sutton in Ashfield back in 1977/78 Malc will be in his late seventies by now but if anyone knows how i can find him for old times sake it would be great. Last I heard he was still in Mansfield.
Please apply the forum rules when replying or giving any information out.
Here with my fingers crossed and hoping.
Steve

Steve,

Redcliffe Roadways was bought out by Charles Kendall Group in 2008,still operating successfully in the Middle East,you could try contacting the group with your enquiries.

Good luck

David

Thanks, I will try anything although I don’t think they’re likely to give me any personal information if they still have any. Was hoping there would be some Mansfield lads on the forum that might ask around.
Steve

Malcolm on the right in his younger days. It might jog someone’s memory, this was 1977 in Bulgaria.

Now you ave really bought back some memories. I was Born in Redcliffe street SKEGBY. Its not Sutton lol. The Bungalow to the right of the entrence to Redcliffes was the very house i was born and lived in till 1977. How well i remember those Volvos coming up the narrow lane from the depot.

Now you ave really bought back some memories. I was Born in Redclife street SKEGBY. Its not Sutton lol. The Bungalow to the right of the entrance to Redclifes was the very house i was born and lived in till 1977. How well i remember those Volvos coming up the narrow lane from the depot.

Trucky Mc truckface:
Now you ave really bought back some memories. I was Born in Redclife street SKEGBY. Its not Sutton lol. The Bungalow to the right of the entrance to Redclifes was the very house i was born and lived in till 1977. How well i remember those Volvos coming up the narrow lane from the depot.

Fond memories, I spent quite a bit of time in them offices sorting out paperwork, it was a tight little yard.
Steve

Still looking, these were his two lorries at the time I worked for him.

What happened to JB from Mansfield? He had his finger on the pulse. Hope he is OK. He was ex Renee Hogg in the good days!

THE SEARCH IS OVER. I managed to track down Malc’s daughter and have made contact, will be speaking to Malc this weekend and hopefully meet him when this Covid allows.
Steve

Glad you found him I used to work for redcliffes in the late 70s and new Malcolm the last I new of him he went out to the middle East with all his trucks to haul steel

Listerlad:
Glad you found him I used to work for redcliffes in the late 70s and new Malcolm the last I new of him he went out to the middle East with all his trucks to haul steel

I met up with Malcolm Watson about 6 weeks ago, he’s living in Mansfield.
He could easily write a book or two, after I finished working for Malc in 1978 he carried on with middle east work then moved the family to Qatar, he lived in Doha for 14 years still in the haulage game, then moved back to the UK where he continued driving to the M/E doing his last trip to Iran in 2013 at the age of 71.
Can’t wait to catch up with him again for a pint and a proper catch up.
Steve