Radclives

The old guy in front of the Redclffe cab is ■■■■ Helmkay, he worked with my father Brian Brown.

A mate of my Dad from Loughborough called John Pestall was based in Jeddah for Redclive
Repairing the reefer trailers and sea containers. In the early 70s

bestbooties:
Anyone remember Radclive Transport,used to do 'fridge work to the M/E,I think they were from Nottingham or Loughborough area.

This is one of their motors with a Willhire fridge on negotiating roadworks on the tapline.(My apologies for the poor quality of the pic).

One of Radclives drivers,can’t remember the old boys name for the life of me!This is my dad Richard John Helmkay known as ■■■■ or John]

Anyone remember Radclive Transport,used to do 'fridge work to the M/E,I think they were from Nottingham or Loughborough area.

This is one of their motors with a Willhire fridge on negotiating roadworks on the tapline.(My apologies for the poor quality of the pic).

One of Radclives drivers,can’t remember the old boys name for the life of me!

Sorry if I’m wrong , but I thought Radclives were from the Oxford area or Reading maybe.

dieseldog6:
Sorry if I’m wrong , but I thought Radclives were from the Oxford area or Reading maybe.

i dont remember a company called that in this area i thought they was a southern firm

For some reason while thinking about this, Faringdon comes to mind, someone on another thread said they were nursery men, hence the logo.

that someone was meee :wink:

RADCLIVES were from Faringdon Oxfordshire and were nurseymen, hence the plant motif on the doors.

meanwhile… further north from Sutton In Ashfield came RECLIFFE ROADWAYS with a big orange motif on the doors
although this photo shows a tilt, the main work was fridges for Ross foods

Redcliffe is still in business today, with a fleet of vans and 7.5tonners doing “dangerous goods”.

wow thanks truckerash. redcliffe roadways. as a sutton in ashfield lad through and through that photo bought back happy memories i can tell you. the driver is almost certanley a bloke called dave blewitt. i started work for redcliffe as a apprentice mechanic but defected to another local company jt clark+sons as we had aec’s and leyland lynxes and some volvo f86’s now here is a challenge to match jessicas dad’s. have you any jt clark+sons photographs. thanks. b

Sorry everyone,it was my fault,it was Redcliffe,not Radclive.Thanks Ash for putting us right.My excuse is,it was a long time ago and it’s difficult to make out the name from the view on the pics.I knew they were from this area as an ex army mate of mine from Nottingham was an O/D working for them.

Reviving an old thread I know, I drove for Redcliffe Roadways back in the late seventies and I am looking for my old boss Malcolm Watson he is beleived to be still in Mansfield, If anyone knows how I can contact him I would be very grateful.
Here he is making a brew in Bulgaria on our way to the ME. Malcolm is on the right.

Birdie4x4:
Reviving an old thread I know, I drove for Redcliffe Roadways back in the late seventies and I am looking for my old boss Malcolm Watson he is beleived to be still in Mansfield, If anyone knows how I can contact him I would be very grateful.
Here he is making a brew in Bulgaria on our way to the ME. Malcolm is on the right.

I.I.R.C. that looks like one of the first decent parking places that you came to after you had crossed the border from Yugoslavia into Bulgaria.
We probably wouldn’t recognize the place now as there isn’t one Tetley tea bag on the floor. :frowning:

mushroomman:

Birdie4x4:
2Reviving an old thread I know, I drove for Redcliffe Roadways back in the late seventies and I am looking for my old boss Malcolm Watson he is beleived to be still in Mansfield, If anyone knows how I can contact him I would be very grateful.

I.I.R.C. that looks like one of the first decent parking places that you came to after you had crossed the border from Yugoslavia into Bulgaria.
We probably wouldn’t recognize the place now as there isn’t one Tetley tea bag on the floor. :frowning:

That’s the spot, I found it on Google maps as well, hasn’t changed much, we were on our way to Riyadh when that was taken.
Steve

dieseldog6:
For some reason while thinking about this, Faringdon comes to mind, someone on another thread said they were nursery men, hence the logo.

Radclives did come from Faringdon and the Nusery was from Buckingham. I was a subby on there for a few years. I had a Atkinson Borderer and did mainly Western Europe for them. The other owner driver on there was a fella from Blackpool wat he had a Transcon always had his wife with him, nice fella.

If my memory serves me right Ray Phillips was the Transport Manager there, last I heard he bought a pub somewhere, Radclives drivers and fitters must have bought the Crown Pub in Faringdon 3 times over. Good bunch of lads.

They also had a connection with Eurotrucks at Lokeren in Belgium with the same Logo on the trailers and trucks.

All the Best.

Just looking at some Volvo’s on the NA3T website and there are quite a few Photo’s of Radclives on there, here are a couple.

CX00965-28.jpg

CX00959-23.jpg

CX00951-13.jpg

CX00955-22.jpg

Now truckerash has cleaned up some of my pics,I can actually read the names on the trucks now.
Here is a pic of me,in the Litcor Merc,with 3 of Radclives Volvos at Paulines restauraunt at Golling in Austria.

And this is the now cleaned up pic of the old guy with the Redcliff Volvo.

Blimey that Redcliffe bloke looks so familiar, don’t know if it’s because I’m from Nottingham and knew him in a past life, or because he’s a dead ringer for one of my French ex-driver mates here. :unamused: :laughing:

hi spardo. i dont recognise him at all ■■. as you will see from my earlier posting i was a apprentice mechanic there. the only person i can think it is is a bloke called jeff waterfall who did 1 trip and jacked and went to another mob doing me. i will ask the old man. he may be able to identify the motor or the driver. rgds. brian