PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

I have been kindly sent some lovely old photos from a friend who has been taking photos of trucks for years.

Some are black and white as well as colour. I think people will enjoy these as there are loads of
old companies that are long gone,and companies you totally forgot about.

The pictures were taken at different locations,so people may recognise some landmarks.

The other intresting thing is that apart from about 5 he put on facebook ,no one has seen
any of these pictures as they have never been online anywhere.

AD04.JPG

AA01p.JPG

AA02.JPG

AA03.JPG

AA04.JPG

A00001.JPG

A00002.JPG

A00003.JPG

A00004.JPG

A00005.JPG

Cracking pictures, the first of the F88 Barneys Flying Circus as it was known in Southampton and it look’s to me as if this was taken coming from the docks towards Northam just in front of the IOW terminal at the bottom of Town, Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Cracking pictures, the first of the F88 Barneys Flying Circus as it was known in Southampton and it look’s to me as if this was taken coming from the docks towards Northam just in front of the IOW terminal at the bottom of Town, Buzzer.

Hello Buzzer, Thanks for that you cant make that name up ! You will be pleased to hear there are alot of
Southampton pics in amongst them.

Some more.Starting off with a F86 . I remember as a kid getting out of my grandads Guy J6 and jumping in
one of these for the first time. Like a bloody rolls royce you could hear the radio and talk over the engine.
Great motors that were quick as well !

A00006.JPG

Robert will be pleased theres lots of ERF’s !

A00007.JPG

A00008 fb.JPG

A00009.JPG

A00010.JPG

AA05.JPG

AA14.JPG

AB07.JPG

AA23.JPG

H.J.Cutler from Bournemouth/Poole a big old company local to me now sadly gone.

AA29.JPG

DEANB:
Some more.Starting off with a F86 . I remember as a kid getting out of my grandads Guy J6 and jumping in
one of these for the first time. Like a bloody rolls royce you could hear the radio and talk over the engine.
Great motors that were quick as well !

Robert will be pleased theres lots of ERF’s !

H.J.Cutler from Bournemouth/Poole a big old company local to me now sadly gone.

Fab pictures Dean,so reminiscent,thanks,keep 'em coming!!

David

Some really great pics!

Danne

DEANB:
I have been kindly sent some lovely old photos from a friend who has been taking photos of trucks for years.

Some are black and white as well as colour. I think people will enjoy these as there are loads of

The pictures were taken at different locations,so people may recognise some landmarks.

The other intresting thing is that apart from about 5 he put on facebook ,no one has seen any of these
pictures as they have never been online anywhere.

Yes lovely old pictures ,does anyone know but would that Foden be ex Wrekin Roadways ? thank you Trevor .

Good evening DEANB,
I’m loving these photos,the colour images look like the ross on wye bypass to me? thank you for sharing.
regards andrew.

This is a great new thread Dean :sunglasses: . Looking forward to the rest! Robert

tastrucker:

DEANB:

The other intresting thing is that apart from about 5 he put on facebook ,no one has seen any of these
pictures as they have never been online anywhere.

Yes lovely old pictures ,does anyone know but would that Foden be ex Wrekin Roadways ? thank you Trevor .

Hi Trevor,
The Foden has been preserved and in the livery of Shellabear Price from Walsall as it is a Walsall reg no I presume that is the original owner and it looks like the same livery as in Dean’s pic,

pete 359:
Good evening DEANB,
I’m loving these photos,the colour images look like the ross on wye bypass to me? thank you for sharing.
regards andrew.

Will try and find out for you Pete,although you are probably right as Paul took photos all over the place.Also
there will be alot of Wales hauliers as he took a fair few by the Severn bridge.

Thanks for the other comments,should be something for everyone in these pics.

Always surprised these TM’s never sold more,they never seemed as popular as the other english motors of
the time. I always thought they looked very modern for the time.

A00011.JPG

Used to see loads of these old Atkis chugging away,especially with the 180 gardner !

A00013.JPG

A00014.JPG

A00015.JPG

What can you say, “King of the road in its day” :smiley:

A00016.JPG

The other thing about old photos is the stuff in the background of some shots. Remember the ford transits
looking like that ! Is that a Vauxhall viva ■■?

AB12.JPG

AB13.JPG

AB23s.JPG

AB24.JPG

From what i have seen,there does not seem to be many of these Dafs restored which seems strange
as they were highly regarded by alot of drivers ?

AB30.JPG

What a marvellous collection! Thank you to both of you for sharing these brilliant and atmospheric images.

240 Gardner:
What a marvellous collection! Thank you to both of you for sharing these brilliant and atmospheric images.

• 1 cracking new thread, cheers.

240 Gardner:

Thanks “240 Gardner”, you will be pleased to know that there are quite a few Atkinsons amongst them which
from memory i think you like !

Stanfield:

240 Gardner:

• 1 cracking new thread, cheers.

Thanks Stanfield ,Paul will be browsing on here from time to time so i think he will appreciate your comments.

A00017.JPG

A00018.JPG

A00019.JPG

A00020.JPG

An unusual atkinson,dont remember seeing many 4 wheeler rigids.They were mainly 6/8 wheelers or artics.

A00021.JPG

AB31.JPG

Poole harbours repair garage,that Mike Furnell used when he operated the wreckers,at Poole docks.

AC04.JPG

Jewitt’s scania looks fully comitted heading into Poole docks.

AC06.JPG

AC13.JPG

AC22.JPG

Brilliant! Keep 'em coming please! :smiley:

Great photos the lorry park is Lorraine,s in Southampton and the daf keep them coming bud
Regards gazzap

I remember that Mitchel & Robertson Scammell Crusader running out of Teynham and Faversham…

A great new forum! Thanks DeanB. Someone must be spending a lot of time scanning these pictures. Much appreciated.

Sent from my Hol-U19 using Tapatalk

GCR2ERF:
Brilliant! Keep 'em coming please! :smiley:

Plenty more to come chap !

ERF-NGC-European:
I remember that Mitchel & Robertson Scammell Crusader running out of Teynham and Faversham…

They were a popular motor back then Robert.

gazzap:
Great photos the lorry park is Lorraine,s in Southampton and the daf keep them coming bud
Regards gazzap

If i am thinking of the right place was there a cafe somewhere there ■■

jsutherland:
A great new forum! Thanks DeanB. Someone must be spending a lot of time scanning these pictures. Much appreciated.

Sent from my Hol-U19 using Tapatalk

Tought you would like them Johnny !

A00022.JPG

A00023.JPG

A00024.JPG

A00025.JPG

A00026.JPG

Looks like the next 3 photos were taken along West Quay road,Southampton.

AD04.JPG

AD01.JPG

AD02.JPG

AD03.JPG

AD05.JPG

Hi Pete, Trevor and Dean, enjoying the photos, ref:- “The Foden has been preserved and in the livery of Shellabear Price from Walsall as it is a Walsall reg no I presume that is the original owner and it looks like the same livery as in Dean’s pic.

From and thanks to Steve Glover a fellow flickrite, snapped at Llandudno 2014.
Oily