Eu referendum whats your vote

whiplash:
21st century potato famine all over again?With a replacement spud called bread.
Correct Gingerfold,the vast vast amount of flour for Irish milling does indeed come from the UK.An industry worth over £1bn to the UK coffers.If there is/are tariffs put on flour,I would respectfully suggest that flour will be sourced elsewhere.Tariff free. Respectfully also I would suggest that a sizable portion of that £1bn will be lost,in hard cash and jobs.
I think the term used is free trade,which in certain areas, works both ways.
And, as a footnote to what our leader said,(re airspace)I think it is deplorable what he should say to our nearest and dearest neighbours,who,when the chips were down over many years came to our help.Latest that I can recall been the first to throw a few quid into our coffers when this country imploded amidst the financial meltdown circa 2007. Mind you,they were also guilty of some negative stuff.But that is history.

In view of what you said about Mr. Varadkar’s remarks I did a little checking and it appears that he was confusing EU agreements with wider international ones. The IATA treaty between 133 countries throughout the world is what determines who flies over Ireland, not the EU. However there has been much in the press recently with shock stories about aircraft being grounded if there is a No Deal Brexit. Perhaps that was what was confusing him. It did give rise though to a less than polite response from Rees-Mogg who called him an airhead. :laughing:

Whatever the truth of the press reports it is a fact that many, if not most, of the flights from the EU to N. America pass through British airspace as well as Irish ones, so it seems highly unlikely that it wouldn’t be sorted out before it comes to Varadkar’s scenario.