Bill Morritt Freight

ecky eyre:

boris:
Does anyone remember a company that ran from Derby/Notts area called Bill Morritt Freight? Used to run some smart kit - 143s , 1644 merc’s , Globetrotters etc.
All pulling fridge trailers on european work . Any info & pics would be great thanks :slight_smile:

I USED TO WORK FOR BILL MORRIT AS WELL HAPPY DAYS EVEN THOUGH THE MONEY WAS CRAP, A LOT OF FOLK KNEW ME AS SONIC I HAD THE MERCEDES 307 VAN WHEN I FIRST STARTED, AS I WASNT OLD ENOUGH FOR AN ARTIC, I REMEMBER ALOT OF THE LADS , THERE WAS COLIN BRADSHAW , PETE LYFORD, ANDY WHEELDON, DAVE ARMSTRONG , DAVE BROOKES , DAVE HUGMAN, GRAEHAME POYSER, PAT BARNETT, BOB LEESE, BRUNO GLANVILLE , MICK FRITH,BOB FROM BUXTON CANT REMEMBER HIS LAST NAME BUT SADLY NO LONGER WITH US, SHARON LEESE IN THE OFFICE, LAER ARRIVALS WERE. IAN JACK NOW AT TURNERS , CARL HICKMOT, THERE WAS A YOUNG LAD WE CALLED CHIP EATER FROM LONGTON CANT REMEMBER HIS NAME3

That young lad from Longton would be me then… Andy Walton… I carried a camera with me on all the trips I did on Morritt Freight, so would have had dozen’s of pictures to submit , but some excrescence on the backbone of humanity stole it out of my cab !!! I never did find out who had taken it…quite sad really… other than that… “Good times”

Does anyone remember a company that ran from Derby/Notts area called Bill Morritt Freight? Used to run some smart kit - 143s , 1644 merc’s , Globetrotters etc.
All pulling fridge trailers on european work . Any info & pics would be great thanks :slight_smile:

boris:

Was that Tranzfreeze from Ashbourne?

William C Morritt

if you mean bill morritt from Ashbourne . i work with 4 of his ex drivers Mick frith ,Dave Armstrong, Carl hickmott, and paddy Barnett . bill morritt is still running trucks think he as about 6 or 8 motors doing export work .

the flying foden:
if you mean bill morritt from Ashbourne . i work with 4 of his ex drivers Mick frith ,Dave Armstrong, Carl hickmott, and paddy Barnett . bill morritt is still running trucks think he as about 6 or 8 motors doing export work .

Yes , that’s him :slight_smile: remember fixing one of his trucks around 93/94 time . Didn’t realise he was still going :open_mouth:

boris:

the flying foden:

Yes , that’s him :slight_smile: remember fixing one of his trucks around 93/94 time . Didn’t realise he was still going :open_mouth:

yes mate he is still going ,im on hols till Tuesday but on return i will ask the above mentioned lads if they have any photo’s of his truck’s . :slight_smile:

boris:
All pulling fridge trailers on european work . Any info & pics would be great thanks

that’ll be this firm then. :wink:

Bob.

There is a VOSA guy on another Forum who used to work for Morrit International… I think he may even be on here too…

BuzzardBoy:
There is a VOSA guy on another Forum who used to work for Morrit International… I think he may even be on here too…

which forum is that then :question:

a few photo’s of morritt international trucks courtesy of mick Frith

and few that i dont’ know much about :blush:

Two pics outside his yard in Ashbourne. Pretty sure he runs a pure white Scania 620 now as an OD. Also may be of interest: truckingmag.co.uk/truckingma … d.php?t=37

Many thanks for the pics lads , didn’t realise he was still going :astonished:

the flying foden:
a few photo’s of morritt international trucks courtesy of mick Frith

and few that i dont’ know much about :blush:

I used to work with an ex Bill Morritt driver at Sun Valley in Hereford, none other than the infamous Dave Brookes!

Bill is imho a complete cretin, still owes me money from when he went ■■■■ up first time round.

boris:

I USED TO WORK FOR BILL MORRIT AS WELL HAPPY DAYS EVEN THOUGH THE MONEY WAS CRAP, A LOT OF FOLK KNEW ME AS SONIC I HAD THE MERCEDES 307 VAN WHEN I FIRST STARTED, AS I WASNT OLD ENOUGH FOR AN ARTIC, I REMEMBER ALOT OF THE LADS , THERE WAS COLIN BRADSHAW , PETE LYFORD, ANDY WHEELDON, DAVE ARMSTRONG , DAVE BROOKES , DAVE HUGMAN, GRAEHAME POYSER, PAT BARNETT, BOB LEESE, BRUNO GLANVILLE , MICK FRITH,BOB FROM BUXTON CANT REMEMBER HIS LAST NAME BUT SADLY NO LONGER WITH US, SHARON LEESE IN THE OFFICE, LAER ARRIVALS WERE. IAN JACK NOW AT TURNERS , CARL HICKMOT, THERE WAS A YOUNG LAD WE CALLED CHIP EATER FROM LONGTON CANT REMEMBER HIS NAME

Hiya …get that mick frith on here i,ll sort him out. Hello pete Lyford where are you nowadays hiya carl.
Mick where,s Chezick these days. I,am going to Cauldon Low Oct 23/24 to a vintage thing at the village hall
come and have a gallon for old times sake.
John

3300John:
Hiya …get that mick frith on here i,ll sort him out. Hello pete Lyford where are you nowadays hiya carl.
Mick where,s Chezick these days. I,am going to Cauldon Low Oct 23/24 to a vintage thing at the village hall
John

you got to be having a laff getting Mick on a pc .have enough trouble with him using a mobile and satnav :slight_smile:

the flying foden:

3300John:
John

you got to be having a laff getting Mick on a pc .have enough trouble with him using a mobile and satnav :slight_smile:

Hiya …is Mick working with you and Carl at Cellerhead■■?..Will you ask him where Chezick is nowaday please.
I think he was in the office at Morrits or Mark Youngs last i herd (10 years ago).
Cheers John

3300John:

the flying foden:

3300John:
John

Hiya …is Mick working with you and Carl at Cellerhead■■?..Will you ask him where Chezick is nowaday please.
I think he was in the office at Morrits or Mark Youngs last i herd (10 years ago).
Cheers John

yep both with me at cellarhead . he wont be at mark youngs as he as packed up im told

3300John:

the flying foden:

3300John:
John

Cheers John

Tim Bowers was in the office at Mark Youngs. Was Chezick in the office at Mellors? He runs a scrap tyre place in Ashbourne, runs an ex Punchards Volvo with a scrap trailer.