Spainish Orange Contract

Hi Guys
I had been working for Eddie Stobart on the Novelis contract out of Germany and Switzerland for a good part of the year but since then doing UK tramping work. I have changed phones and lost contacts for a number of drivers I had been working with. A lot of these drivers had been doing fridge work out of Spain prior to that (up to Christmas) on a large contract. So if any drivers read this, namely the Novelis, Pirelli or F1 guys or any one has done this work. Who runs it? (is it ESL) and how do I contact them?
Regards
Sean (the Hanover runner)

Spanish, sorry for spelling mistake (end of a long shift)

That job gets tendered for each year but from what I’ve heard its not a good earner for companies. Usually Stobarts would be starting it about now so maybe they haven’t got it this year.

I think this year there might be a change in to who does the work. Due to the sanctions imposed by Russia on EU imports there are a lot of haulage companies from Eastern Europe and the Baltic states that might do the runs by undercutting prices, just to cover their costs while they wait for the sanctions to be lifted.

Riho:
there are a lot of haulage companies from Eastern Europe and the Baltic states that might do the runs by undercutting prices,

Now there’s a surprise. :unamused:

bald bloke:

Riho:
there are a lot of haulage companies from Eastern Europe and the Baltic states that might do the runs by undercutting prices,

Now there’s a surprise. :unamused:

I hope that dosent start a trend with them doing that,or the uk haulage industry will be going down the toilet due to foreign truckies undercutting both on euro and uk work,…possibly the shape of things to come?,the next thing we will see is lots and lots of foreign trucks running about in Britain,parking up on the hard shoulder,filling up all the truckstops by parking there for weeks at a time,doing u turns on the m6 or even blocking roads because the sat nav told them to drive through a field,. make no mistake,this could easily happen in the near future. :wink:

It was meant that the companies who used to do Russia only runs, will now look at this particular field do to the sanctions imposed. As soon as they will be lifted they will go back on doing those runs, because they pay a lot more than running under logistics companies within the EU.