Lookin for hgv jobs in spain

Been here for 6 months now tryin to find a job is very hard over here, surely there is work somewhere over here, does anybody know of either english transport that comes over to spain (south) and back to the uk, or spanish firm that goes to the uk or just trampin over here, Im desperate now, as catchin a plane to the uk is what I’m doin at the mo and I’ve heard work is drying up over there. Or worst case scenario is ther any trampin work in the uk for about 2 or 3 weeks at a time, that I can take. Please oh fellow truckers, give me some info, cus I know its out there, Its just about being in the right place at the right time. Paul :smiley: [/b]

pm hombre fella he put alist up here awhile ago

Ok cheers matey

It appears that Spain fell out of the sky a few months ago. All the building work has stopped & investments have dried up.
The Spanish hauliers took quite a lot of work on when it was boom time getting new equipment & as far as the official figures go at the moment there is probably half of the trucks parked up with nothing to do.
I think we will all lose a little weight in the next few months.

Best of luck

yes im over there now not much happening at all, do you know of any trampin jobs or companies that are takin on over in the uk?

All that I have heard over the past few weeks is that even the Polish drivers are going back home because they can now earn more back home than in England & France. The big companies that had daily groupage runs out of the U.K. to various parts of the continent are now just giving out what little they have as part loads to whoever is willing to do them.

It seems likes its time to throw in the keys and start a new cereer then! on the dole!

trucker trev:
It seems likes its time to throw in the keys and start a new cereer then! on the dole!

try stobarts i suppose they will keep you out as long as you like or your best bet is ralph davis he will keep you away.

ralph davis

does stobarts take on casual drivers?

trucker trev:

yes they have the dss service which you means you get a van to use to cover shifts at other depots and the plus side is you get to use the van as you like… but i think they may have some type of policy about commuting from spain with it. :smiling_imp:

trucker trev:

No they have to wear a smart uniform :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Okey-Didley-Dokely:

trucker trev:

No they have to wear a smart uniform :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

oh no im not having that one :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Went to Campilio Palmera last week, most of the wagons seem to be growing potatoes around their wheels, guy in the transport office said they’re "probably going to start taking on sometime in Nov, but it doesn’t look good.

McDonalds here I come…

“Do you want fries with that?”

bazfrombenidorm:
Went to Campilio Palmera last week, most of the wagons seem to be growing potatoes around their wheels, guy in the transport office said they’re "probably going to start taking on sometime in Nov, but it doesn’t look good.

McDonalds here I come…

ok as longs as you dont ask " do you want to go large "

if i wanted large i would bloody ask for it. :imp:

jessicas dad:

bazfrombenidorm:

McDonalds here I come…

ok as longs as you dont ask " do you want to go large "

if i wanted large i would bloody ask for it. :imp:

No problem, I’d probably have to ask in spanish anyway…

" ¿Usted quiere las fritadas con eso? " :confused: :confused: :confused:

The work situation in Spain is abysmal.

It is not the promised land for drivers who want to get out of the UK.

Approximately half of the driving work in Spain is seasonal and more so in the preferred ex-pat regions where the sun shines all year round.

At the moment approximately 30% of Spanish vehicles are standing still and in the south that increases to more than 50%.

Every week I get about at least 20 drivers asking me for work and that is in the Basque area up north where things are not quite so bad as down south.

Add to the fact that most Brits who move to Spain do so without any knowledge of the language or the culture which does not exactly improve their chances of employment. Contrary to popular belief the Spanish haulage industry is not waiting for the Brits to come and show them how it should be done.

Once you get out here you you will be classed in most cases right on the same level as the hundreds maybe thousands of Poles, Czechs, Lithuanians etc, etc and will only be employed if you are prepared to work for less than what a Spaniard would expect for doing the same job.