Xmas Oranges run from Spain.... UK

Hi All,
Does anyone know any of the Haulage Company’s that are doing the supermarkets run to Spain from Portsmouth to Santander !! It is done every year and I have spoken to lots of the drivers but never asked who they Pull for !!

Thanks for your HELP. :unamused:

try white white white i’m sure he said something about it last year

Ralph Davies used to do it. dont know if they still do.

kindle530:
Ralph Davies used to do it. dont know if they still do.

Still does.

im down portugal a lot at the moment and to be honest apart from about 10 transam trucks i have seen you are lucky if you see any more than 3 english trucks a trip and these are usually doing the same work as i do,a lot of eastern european double manned teams and spanish double manned teams will have the loads covered i think,sometime we have to come from portugal to france to get a reload its that difficult at the moment.
i also read in the french truck magazine that french hauliers are starting to make some noise about eastern european trucks doing loads internally in france and not reloading for there own country,another strike maybe.

hanson:
im down portugal a lot at the moment and to be honest apart from about 10 transam trucks i have seen you are lucky if you see any more than 3 english trucks a trip and these are usually doing the same work as i do,a lot of eastern european double manned teams and spanish double manned teams will have the loads covered i think,sometime we have to come from portugal to france to get a reload its that difficult at the moment.
i also read in the french truck magazine that french hauliers are starting to make some noise about eastern european trucks doing loads internally in france and not reloading for there own country,another strike maybe.

I`ve got a number for loading from Seville back to the UK, if your gaffer wants it, fridge work :wink:

hanson:

Of course the EE trucks will be double manned, if you have to take a load with fruit to Moscow or even further, to Ufa for example you will need a double man team, otherwise the transport company might end up buying the whole load.

Riho:

hanson:

Of course the EE trucks will be double manned, if you have to take a load with fruit to Moscow or even further, to Ufa for example you will need a double man team, otherwise the transport company might end up buying the whole load.

the point i was making is that they very rarely load for home it is usually for england of some where else in main land europe

hanson:

Riho:

hanson:

the point i was making is that they very rarely load for home it is usually for england of some where else in main land europe

I used to see double manned Finns in Motril, fish down, fruit back…its gotta go, or, its rotten !!!
No sweaty wife beaters in those days, have the finns allowed their international fleet to be decimated I wonder ■■?

hexspeed and ibertrans among others still do a lot of spanish work, haven’t seen any double manned though.

a lot of the Spanish double manned trucks are driven by EEs

Simon Gibson from Goole sends some over usually

Thank you for all your help !

why u ask robjones ?

scotstrucker:

The 2 weeks before x-mas and the week between x-mas and new year is when you can get the best rates from Spain. Mainly Valencia / Murcia / Seville areas. I find that the work starts to kick off at the beginning of November. The rates go up week by week.
It is not just citrus fruit it is salad as well. I work directly for a few importers and they will fight over the trucks. I do not run down empty though. I take hanging meat to Spain or Portugal and then reload back with fruit / salad.

I will have 5 or 6 trucks away in Spain / Portugal all over the Christmas period that will all reload fruit / salad once they have tipped. Christmas Day is the only day they do not load.

I try and send my trucks on the Santander route as much as poss to help keep driving hours down.

Hope this helps. Cheers.

Try Neville,he is a TN member with all the contacts.

Stanley Mitchell:

hanson:

I`ve got a number for loading from Seville back to the UK, if your gaffer wants it, fridge work :wink:

Hi Stanley , have you still got that number for Seville, as I would be very grateful,

Regards

Rob.

WhiteWhiteWhite:

scotstrucker:

The 2 weeks before x-mas and the week between x-mas and new year is when you can get the best rates from Spain. Mainly Valencia / Murcia / Seville areas. I find that the work starts to kick off at the beginning of November. The rates go up week by week.
It is not just citrus fruit it is salad as well. I work directly for a few importers and they will fight over the trucks. I do not run down empty though. I take hanging meat to Spain or Portugal and then reload back with fruit / salad.

I will have 5 or 6 trucks away in Spain / Portugal all over the Christmas period that will all reload fruit / salad once they have tipped. Christmas Day is the only day they do not load.

I try and send my trucks on the Santander route as much as poss to help keep driving hours down.

Hope this helps. Cheers

Hi White White White, do you use subcontractors ? or can you,

Regards

Rob.

toby1234abc:
Try Neville,he is a TN member with all the contacts.

Thank you ,

Rob.

Riho:

hanson:

Due this Ukrainian situation EU make sanction against Russia and after Russia make restriction to EU fresh food and not allow bring to Russia fresh food from EU.Now all truck company who was moved fresh food to Russia without job.They do some job inside EU for less price or make fresh delivery to some country where some company put new label “Made in Turkey” or another and bring to Russia.