Cambscontractors

Just a bit of idle curiosity, really, but has anyone ever heard of or come across a company called Cambscontractors?

They are advertising in the English papers out here (Spain) for Class 1 trampers, days/nights, days/weeks/months to suit, £1000 per week. I think they are trying to tempt ex-pat drivers (retired?) to go back and work for periods in England.

Steve

They’ve been advertising that for months on their Facebook page. I’d stay well clear.

Ste46:
They are advertising in the English papers out here (Spain) for Class 1 trampers, days/nights, days/weeks/months to suit, £1000 per week.

Yea, right! :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

That advert reads right out of “limeyphil guide to European Import/Export”

Edit - I need to read the complete post - didn’t realise it was for U.K. work

I done 6 months for them earlier in the year, can’t fault them regular pay and around £1000 take home for 6 days on stobart work paid every Friday you just need to have somewhere to stay on rest days and pay your own flights.

^^^ if that is true, and stobrats are paying a third party in excess of £ 1000 + third party fees to supply drivers, whilst paying their own drivers just above minimum wage, you have to ask yourself where it all went wrong… :open_mouth: :cry:

ac1:
I done 6 months for them earlier in the year, can’t fault them regular pay and around £1000 take home for 6 days on stobart work paid every Friday you just need to have somewhere to stay on rest days and pay your own flights.

Was that a monday dream or friday one

A grand a week take home but they still need to advertise on Facebook to find drivers…

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It’s about as believable as that bell end on here who reckoned he was doing £1k for 40 hours driving a rigid, most of which was apparently spent on the bunk.

the nodding donkey:
^^^ if that is true, and stobrats are paying a third party in excess of £ 1000 + third party fees to supply drivers, whilst paying their own drivers just above minimum wage, you have to ask yourself where it all went wrong… :open_mouth: :cry:

Does any of the Stobbart drivers even know this though?? :confused:

Olog Hai:
A grand a week take home but they still need to advertise on Facebook to find drivers…

It’s about as believable as that bell end on here who reckoned he was doing £1k for 40 hours driving a rigid, most of which was apparently spent on the bunk.

^^^ This.

If you were paying twice as much as the average wage for this type of work then you wouldn’t need to advertise anywhere. And this is apparently subbing for Eddie Stobart. It follows that an owner driver subbing for Stobart would earn this £1,000 per week, plus the profit in the job. So how come owner drivers aren’t kicking the Stobart door down in their haste to get in there?

Harry Monk:

Olog Hai:

^^^ This.

If you were paying twice as much as the average wage for this type of work then you wouldn’t need to advertise anywhere. And this is apparently subbing for Eddie Stobart. It follows that an owner driver subbing for Stobart would earn this £1,000 per week, plus the profit in the job. So how come owner drivers aren’t kicking the Stobart door down in their haste to get in there?

Probably because they are to busy lording it on their boats… :grimacing:

That 1k per week will be self employed and mist likely youll have to sign up to there damage waver scheme