MAN TGX sound system USB port

bigdaz1970:

Rusty Nail:
Just an update on this one. MAN will not be fitting the USB / aux in ports as standard until the official release of the euro6 trucks. Made many phone calls and hunted through the Internet for an answer. The current trucks with the MMT can be retro fitted with genuine MAN parts I.e a new loom, new centre panel with the fitting holes cut into it and then the USB port and aux in sockets. The price I was quoted for the loom was over £500! Needless to say, ain’t happening!

There’s a German company on eBay called jimmy’s truck shop. They now sell a wiring harness adaptor that comes with the USB and aux in lines all wired in to the correct places. £41 and 15 minutes of fitting time, problem solved. I can confirm that it all works perfectly, retains all of the steering wheel functions and will control your iPod from the head unit.

could you send us a link to him please Rusty , i have looked but cant find him cheers DAz

Rusty nail hasn’t been on this website for nearly 5 years.Last visited:Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:23 pm