Ministry, North Circular last night

Gurner:
In answer to the first question, if you forget to put your tacho on break, im sure you could make a note on the back and a manual entry.
Second, the CD style tachos, if you press the number 1 or 2 if you have 2 tachos in for double manning, it will scroll through the option, ie bed (rest) crossed hammers or the box with diag line through it, then when you start driving, it will go to the driving symbol.

Also, if anyone can answer this, i was under the impression, that if you are double manning, when you are passenger, you can take a kip or whatever whilst the vehicle is being driven by the other driver, and you can count this as part of your rest/break, however, as soon as the wheels of the truck start to turn, both 1 and 2 go to driving mode and you cannot change it.
Unless i was misinformed in the first place regarding the second driver taking rest whilst the vehicle is in motion??

You can only take a break from driving in a moving vehicle as said above but with the cassette type tacho I assume the only way to record it as rest is a manual entry on the reverse of the chart because as soon as the vehicle is moving the second driver automatically changes to duty (square) and no amount of button pressing will change it at least on my TGA