Diesel nozzle holding clips

Am I imagining it or are the country’s truck filling pumps rapidly losing their clips :question: . I seem to get the same one at South Mimms and there’s a few appearing at Tibshelf without them now too :confused: .

I shall have to dig out my old block of wood with different sized notches in it again :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: .

I don’t care what the law may or may not say on it but when I’ve got two tanks to fill totalling close to 1000 litres, I ain’t spending 15 mins holding the bloody trigger open (and certainly not when it’s cold and windy :astonished: ) :laughing: :sunglasses:

Try proffing a rivet or two from your workshop, they do the job nicely. I used to have a pipe knife, you know, the one with a spike on it, that did the job nicely as well, good sharp blade on it as well.
Smaller than blocks of wood as well.

Yep! you’re right the clips are going. I was told by one fuel station it was done after their inspection by the Fire Brigade. I think they are worried about a pump being left on and pumping diesel over the forecourt., but with the price of diesel I make sure every last drop goes into the tank even shake the last drops out of the hose, every little helps. :laughing: I forgot no I don’t as the people I work for don’t pay UK or EU tax on thier diesel :laughing:

Got to agree with you Rob. It gets right on my thrupennies when I have to stand there getting cramp in my hand. :imp:

Put a 10p in side the handle osr is it a 20p i cant remember but ione of them is the exact size. :wink:.

jammymutt:
Put a 10p in side the handle osr is it a 20p i cant remember but ione of them is the exact size. :wink:.

10p or 2p are the right size I also heard that the powers that be had ordered their removal in all public service stations.

Oh and Lostpup we are talking about fuel pins, your hand cramps belong in Bully’s! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

there are some good ideas around…the bit of wood…the pop rivet…but as for 10p or 20p i never have that much money in my pocket… :laughing:
but the pop rivet is the best one…they can remove all the pins if they like…us clever truckers will always find a way…wont we ?
have a nice day

Truckboy make sure you take a couple and leave one for the next guy :wink:.

Who said the comradery had gone out of trucking