Fuel pumps

Morning all, now we’ve all been there haven’t we. You pull up at the pump, stick it in the tank and the bloody clip doesn’t work to keep the fuel flowing :imp:!

So I just wondered what you lot use to jam in the handle, so to speak :grimacing:

I did have the perfect sized keyring but bloody lost it somewhere,

Any recommendations cheers all

D’B

Used a tennis ball before now.

I use the top off an Adblu tub, there are normally a few discarded by the fuel pump :wink:

Stanley Mitchell:
I use the top off an Adblu tub, there are normally a few discarded by the fuel pump :wink:

This^^ :laughing: I have one tucked in the cover around the ad blue tank, by the filler. Just the right size. :sunglasses:

A £2 coin some times works if you get the right angle
A cable tie as well but you’d need to be watching it and be ready to snip it incase the auto cut off didnt work

the nodding donkey:

Stanley Mitchell:

This^^ :laughing: I have one tucked in the cover around the ad blue tank, by the filler. Just the right size. :sunglasses:

:wink:

A claw of the end of a knackered strap some times works.

But what always fits is to cut a piece of pallet slat in a wedge shape (obviously don’t need it below an inch so lose the point) and keep it in the edge of the toolbox.

Tennis ball for me…

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

a 2p coin or a wheelnut indicator same as this …

who said a 2 pound coin ■■ who do you work for ■■

wheel nut indicator..jpg

The-Snowman:
A £2 coin some times works if you get the right angle
A cable tie as well but you’d need to be watching it and be ready to snip it incase the auto cut off didnt work

A reusable cable tie solves that. Like these:-
cableties.co.uk/products/product … cable-ties

Pair of closed pliers wedges my nozzle open or failing that my right bollock.

Fuel cap if its not on that stupid chain.

I always had a chock of wood which fitted nicely between the tank and chassis or you could use a rubber door stop

Used to carry my own little chock of wood and use that.

If I came across a pump that wouldn’t clip and I’d already started fuelling, if I could, I’d get the ABS lead and wedge that in.

a piece of 2" x 1" then cut a 2" length in fact cut 2 and have a spare.

I use a lighter it fits perfectly in the gap and isnt dangerous at all

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I use a 50p to tight to use a pound coin :wink:

Trukkertone:
a 2p coin or a wheelnut indicator same as this …

who said a 2 pound coin ■■ who do you work for ■■

Sorry, cant divulge that information.
The fact I get paid enough to have a two pound coin means you will all be flocking there to ride the gravy train

The hook of a ratchet.

Plastic coke bottle (not the 2liter)