Fuel pump hog. Another moaning post

Had a overly long wait in a near desserted services this morning. Two trucks at the pumps. I’m on Key Fuels so can only use the one pump. I’m used to having to wait here so I turn engine off and start reading my paperwork etc. Guy in front decides to fill his two tanks ONE at a time. Then decided to chat to another driver beside him. Pointing at me?? Don’t know what his issue was■■? Wonders off to the cash desk and does the business. Saunters back to his truck. Starts up and sits. Eventually pulls forward just enough that I have to stretch the hose to reach my tank. I top up 250 litres go in to pay. Guy on till tells me the other guy was moaning about me stopping behind him when there were empty pumps. Telling him he was gona make me wait even longer. Needless to say the gutless wonder was gone when I came back out. Didn’t get a chance to set him straight or just put him in his erse as he deserved.
Just how small minded do you have to be to act like this? If it’s not idiots taking a 15 or a 30 on pump its muppets like this.

They are idiots. Also hate them who park in the pumps and don’t even fuel up but [zb] off inside, just prats.

Sent from my S8 using Tapatalk

I’d be more interested to know why Key Fuel cards can only be used on one pump when it all comes from the same underground tank and you pay with your fuel card in the petrol station.

Some trucks with twin tanks HAVE to be filled indepedently, it’s to to do with feed and balance.

Conor:
I’d be more interested to know why Key Fuel cards can only be used on one pump when it all comes from the same underground tank and you pay with your fuel card in the petrol station.

There is very rarely just one underground tank which is why on most bunker sites certain cards can only be used on certain pumps.

Yep ^^^^^ this

Watling Street Services , Flamstead (J9, M1) You can’t use the AS24 card on all the pumps.

Twoninety88:
Some trucks with twin tanks HAVE to be filled indepedently, it’s to to do with feed and balance.

My old xf480 had twins 1400L, put nozzle in driver’s side leave passenger side cap on, wedge trigger on, wait about 30mins might be full,

biggriffin:

Twoninety88:

My old xf480 had twins 1400L, put nozzle in driver’s side leave passenger side cap on, wedge trigger on, wait about 30mins might be full,

1480 litres takes forever at our yard (cheap bunker fuel) but slow pumps. I try not to stop at any services, if i have to it’ll only be to splash the bottom of the tank…

CraigM:
Eventually pulls forward just enough that I have to stretch the hose to reach my tank. I top up 250 litres go in to pay.

So why didn’t you go and ask him to pull forward a bit more then, so that you could fill up without stretching the hose? :unamused:

Wasn’t that bothered about the two tanks bit. Was just assuming that was being done as an attempt to annoy me. Was the attitude from him that annoyed. What pleasure is it to try and annoy a complete stranger who you have had zero interaction with? I wasnt revving my engine or pressing my horn. Just sitting patiently. Time wasn’t an issue to me. I had one stop and back to base for the shift. Only got home an hour early today . :smiley:

It is annoying mate, especially those selfish tossers who take a break on pumps and string it out for 15 mins while a queue builds up.behind them.
But as for you ‘‘Putting him on his arse’’ for it?
I reckon even I would stop short at that,.and I aint the most patient of guys. :neutral_face:

Of course it’s simple to talk Billy big balls when the other drivers have gone, why didn’t you just ask him to “give us a yard mate.”

You waited 20 odd minutes, plenty of time to put him on his arse, then kiss and make up.

seems to be a lot of folk on the edge of road rage these days. im that way too! why is it only a vehicle thing? i mean when im in a fish n chip queue and the person up ahead places a big complicated order then starts chatting about Brexit to whoever i wouldnt dream of muttering hurry up and pay and furk off out you old furker

Up to pump attendants to grow some balls too by telling drivers to move on over the tannoy or in person

Same happened me at hilton park other week 1ish in afternoon. He went handed card In fuelled up went back to pay I pulled up 0n next pump . He then walked back to shop came back with a coffee sandwich newspaper. I fuelled up paid came back he was sat there stuffing his face lookimg up at his tacho. If he needs a break that bad there’s plenty spaces in the services.

How many people are just stalling, so they can get a 15,30, or 45 in whilst on the pumps?

I’ve seen Palletliners do such, especially at Northampton Services…

ajt:
Up to pump attendants to grow some balls too by telling drivers to move on over the tannoy or in person

That’s if the drivers are there in the first place. I was stuck behind Mr. Lithuania a few weeks ago at Toddington for 17 minutes. He eventually came strolling back from the main building jabbering on his phone. The forecourt manager was all over the place trying to find this C you next tuesday, and there were 2 more queuing behind me!

Was at chemical place Warrington way bit ago. a driver decide to take his break in the hatched area where you get loaded. Flt loaded . Him . he then rufsed to move saying I’m on a break . Meaning no one else could really get in some manger came over opened his door ranting and raving thought it was gone end in a punch up. O I wish I had a dash Cam was comical. Now there are huge signs been put up no breaks on site. Me personally i would offl loaded the pallets tell him have to rebook a collection . Ps he just sat there for 45 mins and flt had try struggle load us around him as was only a small yard.if he was that desperate there was plenty of space outside on the estate to park up

edd1974:
Was at chemical place Warrington way bit ago. a driver decide to take his break in the hatched area where you get loaded. Flt loaded . Him . he then rufsed to move saying I’m on a break . Meaning no one else could really get in some manger came over opened his door ranting and raving thought it was gone end in a punch up. O I wish I had a dash Cam was comical. Now there are huge signs been put up no breaks on site. Me personally i would offl loaded the pallets tell him have to rebook a collection . Ps he just sat there for 45 mins and flt had try struggle load us around him as was only a small yard.if he was that desperate there was plenty of space outside on the estate to park up

If i was the forkie I would have put 2 pallets in front of the truck and when said truck driver wanted to go say sorry can’t move them I’m off for my break now

blue estate:

edd1974:

If i was the forkie I would have put 2 pallets in front of the truck and when said truck driver wanted to go say sorry can’t move them I’m off for my break now

:laughing: :laughing: