Fuel pump hog. Another moaning post

ajt:
Up to pump attendants to grow some balls too by telling drivers to move on over the tannoy or in person

It’s not the pump attendants job to ask drivers to move, his job is to sell newspapers, coffee, crisps, sandwiches and fuel to his or her customers. There is clearly a need for this or the shop would be empty and fuel attendants would fill the tank for you and get rid.

All we ever got at Granthouses was a Mars Bar, melting in Summer and Teeth Breaking in Winter [emoji23]

Going to stick my head above the parapet on this one.

I do it all the time, usually because the pumps are the only free space for miles around. In the middle of the night, got held up by roadworks/diversion and running out of time, no chance of a free layby and the parking area is full beyond capacity. What option do I have?

*Puts tin hat on.

Captain Caveman 76:

I do it all the time, usually because the pumps are the only free space for miles around. In the middle of the night, got held up by roadworks/diversion and running out of time, no chance of a free layby and the parking area is full beyond capacity. What option do I have?

*Puts tin hat on.

I’ve been driving nights for 14 years and have never once ‘had’ to take my break on the pump. Forward planning is one option you have, creativity is the other.

ezydriver:

Captain Caveman 76:

*Puts tin hat on.

I’ve been driving nights for 14 years and have never once ‘had’ to take my break on the pump. Forward planning is one option you have, creativity is the other.

I do the same on nights mate when I want a coffee or toilet I park on the pumps and get one, every layby is full or I’d make one. I’ve been accused of taking a break many times. I’ve offered them the opportunity to check my tacho but they don’t. I’d never hold up a driver deliberately.

edd1974:
Was at chemical place Warrington way bit ago. a driver decide to take his break in the hatched area where you get loaded. Flt loaded . Him . he then rufsed to move saying I’m on a break . Meaning no one else could really get in some manger came over opened his door ranting and raving thought it was gone end in a punch up. O I wish I had a dash Cam was comical. Now there are huge signs been put up no breaks on site. Me personally i would offl loaded the pallets tell him have to rebook a collection . Ps he just sat there for 45 mins and flt had try struggle load us around him as was only a small yard.if he was that desperate there was plenty of space outside on the estate to park up

Saw this happen on site in Germany. English driver refused to move so forkie just struggled on and unloaded two other trucks put all the pallets blocking him in and went home for lunch with the forklift keys in his pocket

I must confess I sometimes pull on the pumps then nip in for some shopping, not a big shop though more a few beers/tabs and a dump.

Usually get a 15 in easily, can stretch it to a 30 if I then take the pump out the holster insert it into my tank and pretend to fuel up. Then return to shop to pretend to pay, usually grab a coffee or have another dump.

A dodgy 45 is possible if I pull forward and the next bloke/lass is also on a faff.

Honestly us crap drivers will do anything to get out of reversing into a parking bay in the lorry park. :wink:

Dipper_Dave:
I must confess I sometimes pull on the pumps then nip in for some shopping, not a big shop though more a few beers/tabs and a dump.

Usually get a 15 in easily, can stretch it to a 30 if I then take the pump out the holster insert it into my tank and pretend to fuel up. Then return to shop to pretend to pay, usually grab a coffee or have another dump.

A dodgy 45 is possible if I pull forward and the next bloke/lass is also on a faff.

Honestly us crap drivers will do anything to get out of reversing into a parking bay in the lorry park. :wink:

I thought it was to avoid the risk of walking more than ten paces that made you park there DD? Thats why I do it. I mean, Im employed as a driver not a long distance hiker, so I wont be parking in any truck park soon, if its more`n a few yards from the pie shop. Climbing up and down those steps into the cab is enough, without walking too!

That’s why I like the way that the MSA’s in France have been planned, plenty of space just before and just after the pumps, to park up for a 15, 30, 45, or just a quick visit to the coffee m/c and toilets. Thus not clogging up the pump area and not taking a space that a driver might need for a daily break. Franglais will know what I mean.

It worries me more about modern drivers sat in their cabs texting and typing their wrath.

It’s much easier for a driver to walk over and pass the time of day with another driver, but it seems as though unless they are on a comparable pay scale, drive for the same company on the same contract they are afraid to make eye contact.

Some drivers will remember wrapping a competitors tarpaulin up with a perfect stranger. [emoji12]

Wheel Nut:
It worries me more about modern drivers sat in their cabs texting and typing their wrath.

It’s much easier for a driver to walk over and pass the time of day with another driver, but it seems as though unless they are on a comparable pay scale, drive for the same company on the same contract they are afraid to make eye contact.

Some drivers will remember wrapping a competitors tarpaulin up with a perfect stranger. [emoji12]

I work for one of the bigger company’s and our own drivers don’t even acknowledge one another,I’ve given up myself now.

I was taught yoga and relaxation techniques but I can’t talk about it again.

We learned a great deal in the Hereford Rifle Club and always came out with a trade. I got my pub licence.

If you use lymn to fuel up you could have your break and more the speed some of them pumps go

Wheel Nut:

What you mean talk to a complete stranger, engage them in polite humourous conversation, and even open there back doors,whilst they prepare to reverse,or buckle up there curtains, never happen.

biggriffin:

Wheel Nut:

What you mean talk to a complete stranger, engage them in polite humourous conversation, and even open there back doors,whilst they prepare to reverse,or buckle up there curtains, never happen.

Ooh, suits you sir!

It means muck in, don’t be selfish, have you got your mug? [emoji12]