Fuel pump meters

do you ever think that your possibly getting done at certain pumps ?

not sure about the mainland but in ireland we have refueling sites ( especially along the border) so i would say they aren’t really regulated. i filled today and it took 746 ltrs to fill both tanks. smaller tank is 300l when empty, main tank is 500l when empty. i had a drop in each tank as there was no way 50ltrs would have got me as far as it did. i was expecting about 650 max as that’s the max it would take when my gauge was at the point that was showing. now 700ltrs i would have been surprised but would have thought ok but an extra near 50ltrs on top !! i informed by boss when i got back (diesel car, more diesel to fill the lorry ? you can see lights flashing in his head) lets face it, 5/10 ltrs in each 100, would you miss it ?

Im pretty sure thats well illegal not to dispense the correct amount. Im sure they have to be checked quite regular by law, could be wrong though.

all fuel sites are regularly checked in the EU which is why you often see a van parked up with some pumps coned off and there’ll be someone filling up a large round jug with long spout and markings on it.
the purpose of the long spout is so that they can pour it back into where the tanker unloads from

often thought this myself,you’d need a van on every forecourt to stop it!
illegal or not, you dont even know what you’r filling up with (dodgy derv, heating oil)
if using a fuel card you know its not going to be the best stuff.

dodgy fuel just cos you use fuel card i think not

If i fill up with shell the truck does more mpg and pulls better than on keyfuels crap fact!
irish derv was and still is common, remember a large local truckstop selling it
can you tell whats going in your tank?

Moose:
If i fill up with shell the truck does more mpg and pulls better than on keyfuels crap fact!

So it isn’t actually the fuel card, it’s the source? :unamused: :unamused:

I use a Routex fuel card and fill up at BP, Texaco and Aral garages and have no problems with mpg or performance that could be blamed on the fuel card.

Mind you the same is true in the past when I filled up at Keyfuel places.

yes to a point it may be the source, i’ve never had any problems with my own bulk tank or shell
but have had with fuelcards in the past

using a fuel card they all seemed to be around the same, this time its a bulk buy and sign the ltrs off, thats when i noticed the extra few ltrs in the fill.

noticed this myself, filled up and thought how did i get that much in ? no evidence to back up these thoughts mind you.

I top up 100 litres at colsterworth truckstop to get me back without going under a quarter tank, the rest of the time it is getting filled up at base, so cant comment much on difference in performance, I would imagine the stuff in the tank at work is the same stuff at the truck stop.

J 13 does it sound so daft now about illegal fuel at some truckstops check out rt.com
when your talking this amount its not a mistake!!!
I think one or two on here thought i was talking crap!! some folk wont be told
moose

What truck do you drive? I drive a volvo and the on board computer never tallies with what I put in the tank!

i drive a volvo fh12 is your dash computer set for US or UK gallons? as this may be the cause mine is not far off as a rule

Okey-Didley-Dokely:
What truck do you drive? I drive a volvo and the on board computer never tallies with what I put in the tank!

I wonder if that’s because you run the engine all night to cool yourself with the aircon. :laughing: :laughing:

Moose:
i drive a volvo fh12 is your dash computer set for US or UK gallons? as this may be the cause mine is not far off as a rule

Neither, litres, I drive quite a few different volvos and none tally with the amount of fuel put in

I only use mine as a guide, i will neck the tank up and then do the same to get a true mpg using my own fuel pump at home which i have checked in the past with a measured jug
has anyone noticed what they have been filling up with at j 13 m1?
moose

DieselDemon:

Okey-Didley-Dokely:

I wonder if that’s because you run the engine all night to cool yourself with the aircon. :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

error should be set to
customers favour by law
its minute

hitch is there a bit missing?