Wacky Races

Coming down the A14 east bound couple of weeks ago had jujst over taken another lorry by the Claydon turn when I see a lorry coming up the slip road, so I stay in the outside lane so that he can come onto the main carraige way. He floors it and we end up sitting cab to cab doing the exact same speed. So I think to myself that he’ll realise whats going on and back off for me, nope he’s quite happy for us to run side by side. So I give a blast of the horn. I get the most confused look in the world ever from him and he backs off. I pulls off at the Copdock iinterchange to go down the A12 and my new found friend follows me down the slip road. I pull up at the lights next thing I know his door is open and is storming down the side of my truck. Lock doors and wide window down. “What’s up? what you honkin on your horn for?” So I explain that I stayed out in the outside lane so as to make his entry on the A14 much easier and that he might want to return the favor by letting me back in. “Well there was plenty of room behind me” . With that the lights change I tell him to “zb off and get in your truck” and he’s left stood on the side off the road.

Another similar situation occured the other day I can’t remember where I was, but was running about 4.0m wide and about 42 tonnes doing about 50. truck comes down the slip road, I can’t go anywhere, this git tries to force his way out. Ai’nt I lot I can do, certainly ain’t slamming on the brakes, would take me an eternity to get back up to speed in my bag of wind 420. So matey boy cries all sorts of absenities and hand gestures at me and carries on down the hard shoulder and eventually comes onto the road in front of me. very professional.

I know this aint the first time this subject has been brought up, but this has been really annoying me for the past few weeks, I just can’t believe how ingnorant some people are of what’s is going on around them. It is getting to the point that it is such a lottery that some days it seems that you move over to let trucks out and more oftern than not you have to back off to pull in behind them, may as well not bother to let them out in the first place.

Bluntman

there’s driver’s and theres screw driver’s

you just met the later :cry:

jon

friday same sort of thing on the a470 south pulled out in just the unit to go past mr P & O driver on the uphill got level with his cab just on the crest hes loaded so lets it roll , I, me stuck outside with line of cars behind me so pull in behind and get abuse off the car drivers Dont matter cus i passed him at the next island :laughing: just have to chill out

What annoys me is when your on the likes of the M1 travelling at 56 mph and you approach the dawdling Tescos / Asda / Sainsbury’s and the likes of other companies (Not just them), you pull out to pass them and all of a sudden they decide to speed up to 56mph with you along side :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: however, after about 3 minutes your past them and they disappear into the rear view mirror out of sight waiting for the next truck to come past.

bluntman:
Coming down the A14 east bound couple of weeks ago had jujst over taken another lorry by the Claydon turn when I see a lorry coming up the slip road, so I stay in the outside lane so that he can come onto the main carraige way. He floors it and we end up sitting cab to cab doing the exact same speed. So I think to myself that he’ll realise whats going on and back off for me, nope he’s quite happy for us to run side by side. So I give a blast of the horn. I get the most confused look in the world ever from him and he backs off. I pulls off at the Copdock iinterchange to go down the A12 and my new found friend follows me down the slip road. I pull up at the lights next thing I know his door is open and is storming down the side of my truck. Lock doors and wide window down. “What’s up? what you honkin on your horn for?” So I explain that I stayed out in the outside lane so as to make his entry on the A14 much easier and that he might want to return the favor by letting me back in. “Well there was plenty of room behind me” . With that the lights change I tell him to “zb off and get in your truck” and he’s left stood on the side off the road.

Another similar situation occured the other day I can’t remember where I was, but was running about 4.0m wide and about 42 tonnes doing about 50. truck comes down the slip road, I can’t go anywhere, this git tries to force his way out. Ai’nt I lot I can do, certainly ain’t slamming on the brakes, would take me an eternity to get back up to speed in my bag of wind 420. So matey boy cries all sorts of absenities and hand gestures at me and carries on down the hard shoulder and eventually comes onto the road in front of me. very professional.

I know this aint the first time this subject has been brought up, but this has been really annoying me for the past few weeks, I just can’t believe how ingnorant some people are of what’s is going on around them. It is getting to the point that it is such a lottery that some days it seems that you move over to let trucks out and more oftern than not you have to back off to pull in behind them, may as well not bother to let them out in the first place.

Bluntman

I can totally relate to that :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

The roads in this country are FULL OF [ZB][zb] WAGON DRIVERS. I get less trouble with the car drivers :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I’ll tell you a little story which I’ve not mentioned on here before as I lost my cool and lowered myself to the other drivers’ level and that’s not something I do. :unamused:

One night when I was on for UCI, I was coming north along the M42 doing 56mph and came up behind one of Salvesen’s demount wagon & drags in Dunlop colours. He was doing 50mph so I pulled out to pass him. No sooner had I pulled out than he floored it and as I was hardly gaining on him anymore I eased off, gave him a good flashing to show my annoyance and pulled back in. 10 seconds later, I’m on his arse again, having to brake. Pulled out again and again he floors it. Now you’ve don’t get a 3rd chance with me. If you ■■■■-up your 2nd chance then that’s it, game over.

So I sat where I was, made sure the limiter was at max and creeped past him. 5 miles down the road I’d finally managed to draw level and we made eye contact. I gesticulated to him that why doesn’t he ease off to let me in and he was having none of it. No bother, carried on creeping past and after an eternity I was clear and pulled back in, ensuring that if he operated his wipers, he’s clean the rear of my trailer :smiling_imp: .

Decided that if he wanted to drive like a [zb] then two can play that game so I started to ease off. So he pulls out and starts to overtake me, so I floored it just to [zb] him off. He obviously didn’t have the legs speed-limiter wise so he pulled back in behind me again, leaving his full beam on to try to blind me in my mirrors. Oh well, message still not received, time to ease off again then until you do get it. This went on for about 15 miles with him sitting over the white lines still with his full beam on trying to blind me and everything travelling in the opposite direction.

You get so far up the M42 and there’s a decent downhill bit followed by another couple before it joins the M1 and I was fairly sure he was fully loaded so knew he would take advantage of the downhill bits to get back past me again. Low and behold we came to the top of the hill and he’s out in the outside lane trying to get past me so I accidentally-on-purpose let my wagon drift to the right thus taking up both lanes ensuring he couldn’t get past. :smiling_imp: He was absolutely fuming at this as he thought he had it all worked out to get me back and so then tried the hard shoulder to get past but without success.

Knowing that there’s a good downhill stretch on the M1 underneath J24 with plenty of lanes to use I declined to continue the fight and pulled off onto the A453 to Donington Park services. I looks in the mirror and he’s following me along the slip-road :laughing: . Wanting to see which way he was going to go I decided to do a lap of the roundabout but he then started chasing me round the roundabout too :laughing: . I was looking across at him out of the window and laughing my head off at him but he was well raging and was gesticulating that he was going to slit my throat when he caught me. Anyway, 8 laps of the roundabout later a traffic car had appeared up the same slip-road and was sitting at the line watching us two clowns driving round in circles so the Salvesen’s guy bottled it at that point and disappeared down past the sports cafe to J24 and I retreated into the services :laughing:

I can relate to your tale too Davey. In fact it could well have been the same driver if it was an ASDA wagon last week. I was coming up the M1 on the limiter and he was doing 50mph so I pulled out to pass him and he floored it to 56mph. It’s so childish and I really do fail to see what thrills they gain from it. If it’s just to prove a point that they’re motor will do the same speed as mine then I’m not interested; I just want you out of my [zb] way so I get home for my tea or parked up for night etc. AST’s - Attention Seeking Truckers.

Too obvious…L. :wink:

Happens all the time over here :angry: :imp:

RobK:
The roads in this country are FULL OF [ZB][zb] WAGON DRIVERS. I get less trouble with the car drivers

Same here mate!

Mal.